Your UFC lightweight solution

JohnyBrabo

Mackin & Stackin Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Post it here. Barboza had a big win over a game Giblert. Eddie Alvarez had a great performance and finish of RDA. Khabib has defeated RDA and everyone in his way. Ferguson showed his mettle against Vannata and is on an 8 fight winning streak.

Alvarez said he wants to fight the Conor vs Diaz winner. Most Sherbros prefer to see Ferg fight for the belt over Khabib. I would like to see this:

Eddie vs Khabib
Ferguson vs RDA
Barboza vs Dustin/MJ winner

I know the MJ fight would be a rematch for Barboza. He has shown clear improvements in his overall game since then.

I think the UFC makes these fights:

Eddie vs McGregor/Diaz winner
Ferguson vs Khabib
Barboza vs RDA

Who do you want to see fight who at 155 pounds?

The solution:

20160128061532_5D3_2646.JPG

Ferguson v Alvarez.
Khabib v Barboza for no.1 Contender.
Done.

Khabib should prove his activeness before getting a title shot and Fergie looked pretty bad in his last fight.

Alvarez vs. Barboza is the most appropiate choice imo

Khabib should prove his activeness before getting a title shot and Fergie looked pretty bad in his last fight.

Eddie and Barboza are training together. He hasn't said no to a title shot but he'd prefer not to fight Eddie. Also since Tony has a win over Edson I think he's at least behind Ferg at the moment.

Go give me points for Valentina, ya goof :p

It sucks he lost out on the Ferguson fight. He needs another win over a name guy imo. Who do you think he should fight next?
I might go...

Alvarez vs Khabib
RDA vs Ferguson
Barboza vs Chiesa

Give Ferg his title shot. Khabib has to prove first that he is durable & can make it to fight .

Eddie vs Ferg
Khabib vs Edson ( Title Eliminator )
RDA vs Chiesa .

Alvarez vs Khabib
RDA vs Ferguson
Barboza vs Chiesa
Works for me. Boze is a really bad fight for Chiesa though. RIP Jiu-Jitsu Jesus.

I'm not sure UFC puts RDA against Tony because Dos Anjos can beat him, even though that's the fight I want to see. I don't think UFC wants RDA as champ so I think they'll put him up against Barboza.

Didn't forget. He hasn't said flat out no to a title shot, but yes he does not want to fight Alvarez.
What do you mean? He would fight for the chance to fight for the title but if Eddie still has it he'd turn it down?

What do you mean? He would fight for the chance to fight for the title but if Eddie still has it he'd turn it down?
I'm saying he hasn't been offered a title shot so we don't know that he'd turn it down even against Eddie. Yes he has said he doesn't want to fight Alvarez, but I don't think that will be his next fight regardless so it's not a proble at the moment.

Right now he is at least behind Ferguson and Khabib so I think he is 1 or 2 wins from a titleshot either way. Eddie might not even have the belt by then.

I'm saying he hasn't been offered a title shot so we don't know that he'd turn it down even against Eddie. Yes he has said he doesn't want to fight Alvarez, but I don't think that will be his next fight regardless so it's not a proble at the moment.

Right now he is at least behind Ferguson and Khabib so I think he is 1 or 2 wins from a titleshot either way. Eddie might not even have the belt by then.
Oh okay. It gets super murky when you have two training partners so high up in a division. I think the Barboza/RDA matchup is the best one but I could see them giving him Will Brooks. Brooks doesn't have the ranking but we all know he's better than 12th. He has a name and was a champ in a former organization.

Oh okay. It gets super murky when you have two training partners so high up in a division. I think the Barboza/RDA matchup is the best one but I could see them giving him Will Brooks. Brooks doesn't have the ranking but we all know he's better than 12th. He has a name and was a champ in a former organization.
Sherdog's matches to make suggested it but I think Edson would beat Brooks pretty handily honestly. He doesn't have the same problems with pressure fighting now that he had in the past.

They'll give Brooks a top guy but I think they'll likely try and build him up a bit more, so it'll be someone besides Barboza I think.

Go give me points for Valentina, ya goof :p

I might go...

Alvarez vs Khabib
RDA vs Ferguson
Barboza vs Chiesa

It's gotta be Ferguson imo. Alvarez/Ferguson is as guaranteed a barn-burner as you can get, and I don't really want Fitch 2.0 near the belt until he head and shoulders deserves it ahead of everyone else, which he doesn't.

Back