Anybody else think that present-day Reem is better than Ubereem?

The MMA Patriot

-
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not talking about Econoreem here (the guy that decisioned Mir), I'm talking about zen breathing-technique Reem that ko'd JDS and Arlovski.

I have a feeling that Ubereem would have been ko'd by JDS.

He's more cautious and calculating, relies less on brute strength. Yeah all round he's a better fighter I would say, of course he's a very experienced fighter. Overeem may not produce everytime he's in the cage but he's one of the few fighters who truly understand the striking aspect of this sport.

I expected Overeem to make improvements to his game when he trained with Greg Jackson. I think Overeem would have beaten Junior Dos Santos when they were supposed to fight for the title but now that he is with a really good camp he is an even better fighter despite losing muscle. If Miocic doesn't catch him he should become champion.

I like his new style of being more composed, and less of a bull-rusher.

He's still putting on exciting fights and knocking out top guys, just being smarter about it.

I'm a giant Overeem nuthugger, but I will admit, he relied too much on his aggression and size as ubereem. I love the fact he's calculated now and using all of his tools.

Overeem has finally made the adjustment into MMA from K1. He will be the UFC HW champ very soon.

He is a better MMA fighter after USADA than before. Before he was more suited to the K1 structure of fighting.

Overeem is doing good for being out of his prime for about 7 years now

One thing Overeem can never change and that's his glass jaw.
19w40w.gif

overeemtapstoarona.gif

afa9t1.jpg

2mlb1d.gif

BigPracticalFruitbat.gif

3.gif

H5zdJew.gif

One thing Overeem can never change and that's his
Like 50 levels below the nutthuggers, you have a special category, the haters. Damn dude, the fact you go through the trouble to post all those gifs, it is pretty sad. What is worse, you probably had them stored. ;)

One thing Overeem can never change and that's his glass jaw.
19w40w.gif

overeemtapstoarona.gif

afa9t1.jpg

2mlb1d.gif

BigPracticalFruitbat.gif

3.gif

H5zdJew.gif

I'm not accusing Overeem of having a spectacular chin, but he's eating some pretty massive shots in all of those gifs. It's hard to picture very many people surviving those. I think his chin is suspect but I think his striking defense was always more the problem.

No way.

Reem would beat everyone he fought so far in the first if he was still big like that. Instead he now needs 2 rounds to beat fighters with a terrible chin.

Back