Is Holly Holm to Ronda Rousey what Dennis Hallman was to Matt Hughes?

Sally Davis

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ronda was dominant against 99.9% of her competition but Holly Holm just seems to be her kryptonite stylewise.

Same thing happened with Hughes and Hallman. Hughes was clearly the superior fighter but just could never beat Dennis Hallman.

Thoughts?

EDIT: can a mod please add a poll to this with simply "yes" or "no"?

I remember I used to be able to add polls to threads on my own but it seems like I can't do it anymore.

Last edited:
She's more of what Serra was to GSP.

Ronda really had one game...That arm-bar. That's it. The media gave Rousey all these super powers she didn't have. Now she's gone. Holm continues to fight..with loses... Where's Rousey? Oh yeah, she wasn't in it for the fighting.

you're so full of crap

Serra got a lucky punch in but Holly dominated every second of that fight

get a clue

Actually, Serra, if not "dominated" won the fight up until the finish.

Yes. Holly need to bring back these:

dennis-hallman-shorts-intro.jpg

Actually, Serra, if not "dominated" won the fight up until the finish.

Bah I need to watch that fight again but don't think it compares to Holm/Ronda

Serra lost the rematch but I'm confident Holly would still win

Ronda really had one game...That arm-bar. That's it. The media gave Rousey all these super powers she didn't have. Now she's gone. Holm continues to fight..with loses... Where's Rousey? Oh yeah, she wasn't in it for the fighting.

If that was her one game then explain the KO of Correia and Davis and the TKO of McMann.

Yea her striking is not her strongest area, but to say she only has one game is not true as she was working hard to improve on her game to become more well rounded. It is just a shame she stays with her coach because she would probably be a much greater fighter if she were at a different gym under the guidance of a greater coach.

Last edited:
If that was her one game then explain the KO of Correia and Davis and the TKO of McMann.

Yea her striking is not her strongest area, but to say she only has one game is not true as she was working hard to improve on her game to become more well rounded. It is just a shame she stays with her coach because she would probably be a much greater fighter if she were at a different gym under the guidance of a greater coach.

I agree. She's mentally weak in many areas. What smart individual would stay with a shitty camp?

Back