Does anybody else find it strange that in two of the most stacked divisions...

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
...We have two of the least marketable champions?

I mean WW and LW.

It seems like the UFC has been treating Lawler as if he's a filler title holder if you will. Like Mighty Mouse.

Put him on a shitty card and take the losses.

And Eddie Alvarez(and RDA before him) I mean, I doubt the UFC gets behind Alvarez as he's not much of a personality and his last few fights outside of the fight vs RDA were kinda bad.

I just find it strange that two of the deepest divisions in MMA have two of the least marketable champions that are basically being black balled by the UFC.

Are they hoping that Wonderboy wins against Lawler?

And what about Eddie? Who would be a more marketable champ?

At this point they only seem to care about marketing shit talkers. Casuals are needed for the success of the sport, but they really fuck up the marketing/hype side of things.

At this point they only seem to care about marketing shit talkers. Casuals are needed for the success of the sport, but they really fuck up the marketing/hype side of things.
This is what a I find fucked up about combat sports.

Your mouth gets you further than your actual skill.

Lawler is a great champ, flawed, but great, yet he gets hardly any push from the UFC.

And Eddie is a very skilled champion, yet, given his lack of ability to sell a fight, he'll probably get little push.

It comes down too the fact that the skill of a fighter is secondary. How many butts you put in seats is number 1.

Last edited:
The reason lawler is my fav is because he doesn't rely on shit talking. He seems like a cool dude who enjoys fucking people up.

If they would just give Bellator some damn credit, they could market Eddie just fine.

pretty sure it's a difference of profitability vs. mega-profitablility. They'd still do business with a Lawler at the top of each division.

Lawler is a great champ, flawed, but great, yet he gets hardly any push from the UFC.

And Eddie is a very skilled champion, yet, given his lack of ability to sell a fight, he'll probably get little push.

It comes down too the fact that the skill of a fighter is secondary. How many buts you put in seats is number 1.
Yea that's one of those "is what it is" situations. People like drama, that's why shitty reality shows exist. We just have to look at the silver lining and be thankful that money is being pumped into the sport, even if it's for the wrong reasons.

I mean WW and LW.

It seems like the UFC has been treating Lawler as if he's a filler title holder if you will. Like Mighty Mouse.

And Eddie Alvarez(and RDA before him) I mean, I doubt the UFC gets behind Alvarez as he's not much of a personality and his last few fights outside of the fight vs RDA were kinda bad.

I just find it strange that two of the deepest divisions in MMA have two of the least marketable champions that are basically being black balled by the UFC.

Not only that, their main rivals also won't be vey marketable. Wonderboy, RoryMac, Maia, Tyron, Maia, Calvin….. Ferguson, Khabib, RDA

I mean WW and LW.

Even my more casual friends think Lawler is the dopest
Dude always has entertaining fights

Pettis had so much potential to crossover into the mainstream, or at least get a bunch of PPV sales, but again, the LW division is just too tough to be hold the belt for too long.

LW needs a prime BJ or something.

Stylistically Alvarez and Lawler are dream champs.

I disagree, people love watching Lawler fight. He always moves forward, and gets finishes. Exciting guy that you wouldn't expect to be the champ, really. The underdog king.

I agree about Alvarez. But it's LW, somebody else will take the spot soon. And I don't know what you mean when you say Mighty Mouse is a title filler?

Alvarez' box coach.....a fucking pizza dude from New Jersey.

Frankie-Edgar-Pizza-2.jpg

I disagree, people love watching Lawler fight. He always moves forward, and gets finishes. Exciting guy that you wouldn't expect to be the champ, really. The underdog king.

I agree about Alvarez. But it's LW, somebody else will take the spot soon. And I don't know what you mean when you say Mighty Mouse is a title filler?

For me per the personally, Lawler's been boring. Since he's become champ, and since he has to pace himself for 5 rounders he doesn't put everything into his punches anymore, and they're long and drawn out pitter patter power shots for all 5 rounds.

Pettis had so much potential to crossover into the mainstream, or at least get a bunch of PPV sales, but again, the LW division is just too tough to be hold the belt for too long.

LW needs a prime BJ or something.
I find that a great BJ can be the answer to lots of problems =P

I mean WW and LW.

Get what you're saying.....but it's not "strange". You don't become champ by being the most marketable.

It comes down too the fact that the skill of a fighter is secondary. How many butts you put in seats is number 1.
Prizefighting is a business; and an old one, at that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back