Why do Conor fans insist that he was dominating Nate up until the KO?

ButtonMasher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just watched the fight again, and I can't see how anybody could come to that conclusion.

If anything the first round was pretty much even.

Plus if you wanna use that (albeit false) rationale to discredit Nate's win, doesn't that also discredit Conor's win over Mendes?

I'm a Diaz fan, but I thought Conor put a pretty good beating on him that first round.

He was catching Diaz with some hard shots and even manage to walked him down.

Conor won the first round but dominant? That's something only delusional folks like Conor himself are trying to say.

'He was 2 or 3 shots from being put away'
'I killed him for 8 minutes'

Conor landed good the first 2-3 minutes. Every exchange after that ended with Conor getting a slap in the face = Nate was winning from there.

I am a huge Conor fan. He was not dominating but he did win the round.

I thought Conor was beating him up convincingly and then when I rewatched it I realized it was just an ordinary 10-9 round for Conor.

If all you were looking for was Conor smashing nate he hit him enough for you to see it.

Conor clearly won round 1. It wasn't a massacre. But at the same time Nates win is blown way out of proportion. People saying Conor got destroyed etc. He lost. It was no different than almost any other loss but people have absolutely blown it into something it wasn't.

nate beat the crap out of conor and that's about it

Conor had an outstanding first round.

I have to say Conor closed the distance quite well though Nate wasn't at 100%. I expect a fresh camp Diaz to be able to react to those punches faster and smoother.

PTSD will make people say silly things.

Conor won the first round but it was a normal 10-9. The first 2 minutes of round 2 were much better for him, and closer to "domination" than the first.

Minutes 1-3 Conor looked really good.
Minute 4 it started to even out.
Last minute Nate started finding a good sweet spot with the one, two, and conor started noticeably breathing heavier.

Tale of two halfs. Conor definitely won, but in rewatching it it wasn't as lopsided as I originally thought. The cut and blood obviously add some dramatic flair.

Nate said he started slow cause he has no sparring time..so it took him a few minutes to get into the swing of things

Thats the only reason conor has any success

Depends what you consider 'dominating'. Conor was clearly winning but Nate wasn't in danger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back