Do you think Diaz-McGregor 2 will mirror Holm-Shevchenko?

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
As far as it being a one-sided decision in favor of the smaller, faster, craftier fighter?

I think the relevant difference may be that Nate won't be as trigger shy as Holly.

NaturalGrandGemsbuck.gif

slip-cross-comp.gif

Noooo... But I do think that if Conor is to win it will be by decision. A close one...but he'll have to be pretty mobile through out & not gas. Just not a good fight for him.

"You can't win!!"

- Adrian Balboa, Rocky 4

I don't think it will mirror tonights fight but I hope it ends like Mir-Nog 2 with Nate getting the sub win once more :)

Would not be shocked to see McGregor TKO Diaz with an accumulation of shots.
People are forgetting that McGregor has more time to prepare for Diaz also.

no matter who wins(I got Nate,) I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell this fight goes to a 5 round decision.

The big thing is that Nate has a very good jab, whereas Holm has no jab at all. She couldn't find a way to maneuver into range with her feet under her and resorted to her charging shift-combos. Nate will jab his way into range, taking short steps and being aware of counters.

I think Conor won't go for the finish shots all the time, and will look to beat Nate in decision. Expect him to still pressure Nate, but not be a agressive fighter while doing that so. Nate will throw more punches, way more, while Conor will throw a few compared to the last time but be more precise with it. He will punch less times but will do it better, and not gas. I expect kicks when they are in the distance, and the first time instead of kicks Conor was trying to counter punch Nate which was a mistake, that's why he got hit and hurt.

Not at all. Two VERY different sets of fighters, and Shevchenko has much better low kicks than Conor.

Nate is going to be on point, in shape, and will find his range much faster having had time to prepare. Conor is going to wilt against his onslaught, Diaz fans are going to make money, and the more delusional of Conor's fanboys are going to have to hop off his jock and crawl into the shadows for awhile. It wouldn't surprise me if it ends in the second round again, but if Conor reeeaaalllly manages his energy he might make it to the 3rd or 4th.

Hopefully Conor isn't left dead inside from the loss and goes back to FW and puts on more fun fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back