Bias Rogan shines again / Holm vs Shevchenko scoring?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was honestly fairly surprised that 3 people agreed on 49-46.

I think it was clear as day that Holly won Round 1, and likewise for Valentina in 2 and 3. Honestly thought Holly was just much busier in Round 4, and nothing was really landed which was all that special from Shevchenko in that round.

I also thought Round 5 was close, but I did score it to Valentina.

I think if Holm had taken that decision it would have been wrong, but 4-1 just doesn't convey the fight.

Side Note:
Rogan at it again.

Only me that heard he say "oh and that's another sneaky check hook again from Valentina, that landed"?

Joe, half of the time it clearly missed, it might be "sneaky" and it may look good, but it's not touching the face of the opponent - arms do not count as a landed strike.

Go back, sit down, and just watch Round 4 again guys. Literally everything Valentina throws according to Joe, lands and was a "beautiful combination there!"

There is a moment where she throws a Superman Punch and then follows up with a leg kick, the SM Punch CLEARLY misses, and the leg kick lands - Joe almost has an orgasm.

Good job Valentina, but my god that fight annoyed me.

You apologize to Rogan right now.

edit: Why did this get 35 likes?

Last edited:
I had it a clear 49-46 Shevchenko.

1st round for Holly as she got the knockdown.

2,3,4, and 5 for Shevchenko as she countered Holly time and time again.

Let's be fair to Joe. His pants were still sticky from the Barboza leg kicks. You can't really hold him responsible for what he might say after that.

Let's be fair to Joe. His pants were still sticky from the Barboza leg kicks. You can't really hold him responsible for what he might say after that.
That and Knight's rubber guard/jab.

Rd 1 Holm(clear)
Rd 2 Valentina(clear)
Rd 3 Valentina(clear)
Rd 4 close enough to be reasonably scored either way
Rd 5 Valentina(clear)

49-46 or 48-47 Shevchenko, clear win and a big feather in her cap.

That might be the single most annoying thing to hear when Edson is fighting.

I feel like it's canned commentary from a video game.

Same shit, EVERY FIGHT!

Rd 1 Holm(clear)
Rd 2 Valentina(clear)
Rd 3 Valentina(clear)
Rd 4 close enough to be reasonably scored either way
Rd 5 Valentina(clear)

49-46 or 48-47 Shevchenko, clear win and a big feather in her cap.
Yeah, I'm cool with this thought pattern.

My girlfriend was asleep and I was watching it with the sound off. I thought Val's check hooks were awesome and I didnt even hear Rogan.

Shevchenko 48-47 minimum (2, 3 & 5), I think 49-46 is more than reasonable (and what I had 2, 3, 4 & 5).

Impressive from Shevchenko, just shut down Holm's game almost completely.

Didn't Holm's wrestling coach insult Joe after the Ronda win, screaming "Fuck you, Joe" and acting like a complete jackass. Props to Joe for not rubbing it in.

I was honestly fairly surprised that 3 people agreed on 49-46.

I think it was clear as day that Holly won Round 1, and likewise for Valentina in 2 and 3. Honestly thought Holly was just much busier in Round 4, and nothing was really landed which was all that special from Shevchenko in that round.

I also thought Round 5 was close, but I did score it to Valentina.

I think if Holm had taken that decision it would have been wrong, but 4-1 just doesn't convey the fight.

Side Note:
Rogan at it again.

Only me that heard he say "oh and that's another sneaky check hook again from Valentina, that landed"?

Joe, half of the time it clearly missed, it might be "sneaky" and it may look good, but it's not touching the face of the opponent - arms do not count as a landed strike.

Go back, sit down, and just watch Round 4 again guys. Literally everything Valentina throws according to Joe, lands and was a "beautiful combination there!"

There is a moment where she throws a Superman Punch and then follows up with a leg kick, the SM Punch CLEARLY misses, and the leg kick lands - Joe almost has an orgasm.

Good job Valentina, but my god that fight annoyed me.

4-1 or 3-2, Valentina still wins.

Judging round by round or judging the fight as a whole, Valentina still wins.

No matter how close or how far apart it might have been, Valentina still wins.

Valentina proved she was the better fighter on the night, and won. End of.

I didn't notice any bias from Rogan this fight. He want from saying that Shevchenko's check hook was becoming predictable to praising it.

You also have to take into account that he's not seeing the fight from the same vantage point we are.

Holm beat Rogans mma crush and once in a lifetime bla bla bla

Holly only won RD1 for controlling Valentina against the cage at the end of the round. RD4 she didn't land much of anything at all... Valentina didn't land a lot either, mainly leg kicks. Clear 49-46.

I thought Valentina won 4 clearly, but I'll have to rewatch. I don't think Holm landed a single clean punch after round 1 and Shevchenko's kicks seemed to land cleaner.

Valentina Shevchenko was the clear winner of the fight and TS is complaining about worthless things that don't matter in the end.
People need to learn to tune out Goldie and listen to Joe Rogan with a grain of salt.

4-1 or 3-2, Valentina still wins.

Judging round by round or judging the fight as a whole, Valentina still wins.

No matter how close or how far apart it might have been, Valentina still wins.

Valentina proved she was the better fighter on the night, and won. End of.
What does this even mean?

That's like saying it's wrong to call out a fight scored 12-0 in boxing, when it was clearly a tight 8-4 or 7-5 battle.

Simply saying that I thought 48-47 was my score, surprising that it was a UD and I think Holm can win that fight - simply got away from what was working.

I didn't notice any bias from Rogan this fight. He want from saying that Shevchenko's check hook was becoming predictable to praising it.

You also have to take into account that he's not seeing the fight from the same vantage point we are.
He has a monitor.

Back