Will Francis Ngannou ever win the HW title?

Does Ngannou ever become champion?

• Total voters

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
The guy is on a roll lately. A devastating KO in his debut, a win over another decent prospect in Blaydes and another stoppage win tonight. However, we've yet to see him against anyone even in the top ~15. He's very young for a HW at age 29, but does he have the tools to win the title?

Too early... He's not really fighting anyone notable yet. & I think he was taken down in his fight before this last one.

Too early to tell, but if he keeps getting better, wouldn't surprise me.

The HW division is so thin I think he's got a shot. The Stipe is the youngest of the top contenders and he's definitely not invincible. Everybody else is either old or injury prone (Cain).

I'd rather just see him crush cans for the rest of his career.

Ask this question again after he fights some real competition

I hope he proves to be a legitimate contender, it's just too early to tell

He is probably good enough to beat Travis Browne, beyond that only time will tell.

Nah. His striking while super powerful is pretty sloppy. And with his build theres basically zero chance he has good cardio. And considering he just started training a few years ago with no background in anything I doubt his grappling is very good. Plus I think he's gonna have some USADA problems.

HW is super volatile so it's not impossible, but he'd be a big underdog imo.

It'll really depend on what type of steroids he's taking.

Last edited:
Probably another Kongo. Big black dude with nothing much to offer on the ground. Of course I could be wrong.....

He'll fight some contenders and holes in his game will appear with tougher competition.

It'll really depend on what type of steroids he's talking.
chuckle.gif

Time will tell. HW needs all the help it can get.

time is on his side. he's 29 with no miles on him, the youngest top 10 HWs are JDS and Velasquez, both 32, and these guys are all miles. Miocic is 34 with some miles, Overeem is at the end, Arlovski, Hunt, Barnett, Rothwell, Werdum. Ngannou, honestly, can piddle around for a year and most of these guys will probably retire.

Shows a lot of potential. We don't see a lot of HWs that are as patient and calculated in their striking as he is. Need to see him against better competition to get the complete picture, but he looks promising.

His mentality seems good. He has lots of confidence in his skills.

I have a feeling he might get exposed when he fights some higher tier competition. I feel someone like Hunt or Overeem will put him to sleep in 1 round IMO.

Gotta put him up against a top 20 guy like Ruan Potts first.

Back