Barboza vs RDA would be a wicked match up!

TrevorLahey

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think at this point in their careers both being 30 and pretty much in their prime this would be a wicked match up. RDA needs a big bounce back win and Edson needs that win to put him in title contention. Wouldn't this also make for a good TUF Brazil coaching match up, 2 of the best Brazillian fighters both in their prime basically the same age.

I'd love to see it. I'd take RDA because he's more well rounded.

Fight makes too much sense. I think RDA would take it though.

nFSebim.gif

I was thinking more like

RDA vs Fergie

Edson vs Khabib

Winners fight each other (ditto losers) for chance at title shot.

It would also be the proper match up.

Barboza vs RDA

Ferguson vs Khabib

Alvarez vs W of Diaz/McGregor

RDA would absolutely maul him with his lightning left hand, and forward pressure with his body and leg kicks. His grappling threat would be a huge advantage for him going into the fight, and I don't think Edson's durable enough, at all to survive a full 3 or 5 round fight with him.

Edson's nowhere as near as durable as Benson, and he'd get the Bendo treatment.

only if its 5 round else it could end up boring

It sounds good on paper but it could easily turn into a sparring session given the hespect between the two of them.

Who does Alvarez fight?
I think he wants the Nate vs Conor winner and I say that is fair - he beat my fave RDA but I can't hate on him (well that chin strap beard deserved a shin to the face) as he seems like a pretty decent guy and would deserve a good payday against a winnable opponent.

Edson has all the tools to be champ, he's finally coming into his own. Rda is a beast but i think if Edson can avoid punches he can chop rda down.

I like that match up, TS. Book it UFC!

Love both guys. Winner could definitely be in line for a title shot. Khabib has next, probably Ferguson after that, but if anything happens they are right there. Rda wins imo.

Back