Holly's super sweet outside of the cage, and so is her striking.

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
It's so soft, and gentle. Her power is on par with her personality.

clint_ew.gif

Win one fight and you're the GOAT. Lose one fight and all of a sudden you suck.

Her striking wasn't soft tonight, she just got popped in the mouth or kicked in the leg every time she tried to do anything.

super sweet is pretty much everyone's striking at Jackson's gym. They take killers and turn them into care bears.

TS isn't wrong in this case, and isn't bashing. He simply pointed out an observation which happens to be true.

Holly's striking looked terrible tonite.

Humans are pretty fickle with their admiration. They're quick to give it, and quick to take it, and usually it's not warranted in either case

super sweet is pretty much everyone's striking at Jackson's gym. They take killers and turn them into care bears.

Aside from Jones, Cerrone, Condit, Swanson, Overeem, Arlovski, Sanchez ... the list goes on.

Common misconception perpetuated by people that just need to hate on something.

Holly is a counter striker who was forced into a primarily offensive strategy tonight. That and Valentina's striking defense made her not commit well. She looked bad because her opponent made her look that way. It happens.

Holly is a counter striker who was forced into a primarily offensive strategy tonight. That and Valentina's striking defense made her not commit well. She looked bad because her opponent made her look that way. It happens.
Doesn't help that Valentina is probably the first opponent she's faced in MMA who was at least on par with her as far as striking credentials.

And not to take anything more away from Holm, but I hope like hell that the UFC gets a 125 division for the women. Valentina did very well tonight in beating a larger opponent, but there shouldn't be that big of a size difference between opponents, outside of HW.

First TS was so sure that Holly would beat Miesha, then when that doesn't happen, so happy to kick her when she's down after the next loss.

Interwebz gonna interweb.

I sort of agree with you TS. Although I didn't think she was trying to be sweet, I thought she just wasn't willing to get dirty. "Brawl a striker" like they say, and it didn't seem like she was willing to commit to doing that. She was more content to make the hissing noises as she swung at air tonight, then try to run back out of range as fast as possible (not always successfully).

And not to take anything more away from Holm, but I hope like hell that the UFC gets a 125 division for the women. Valentina did very well tonight in beating a larger opponent, but there shouldn't be that big of a size difference between opponents, outside of HW.
You and me both. There are some really skilled girls that are too small for BW and too large for SW that would fill out that division nicely. With Valentina being one of the primary attractions.

I've always known her striking isn't all that when she's heads up with a competent striker. Ronda is as bad as it gets in striking on the professional level. It's laughable how bad she is.

Stop it. She's always lacked power, and fights scary as hell all the time, except vs a novice in Ronda.

Back