Holm got straight outclassed by Shevchenko

wrestler0602

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I, being a Holm fan myself, was extremely surprised at the outcome of that fight. I barely even heard of Shevchenko before, but she's got some mean Muay Thai from what I've seen, and Super-twitch takedown reflexes. I'd have to see another of her fights before I get carried away lol, but she looked like a contender against Holm. Almost made Holm look she wasn't on the same level at times. Any thoughts?

boring sparring fight with a td that gave yushinokempko the win

Great fight. I enjoyed it. I've never seen a female fighter that technical.

I always said Holm was overrated

World Muay Thai titles > American Kickboxing titles

Holm doesn't do well when she has to lead.

You can't fight into the game plan of someone as good as Shevchenko.

Neither of them throws and lands enough strikes. Neither seem to go for it, so I'm not really a fan of either.

I'm a fan of both women. I picked Holly to win based on her size advantage and thinking them both being very good strikers might cancel out a lot of offense. Always knew Valentina was very skilled, but she definitely impressed me even more tonight. She could easily be the top of the heap at 125, and possibly even contend at 135. But the fighters are going to have a size advantage, and that will make the grappling tougher for her against certain opponents. As we saw with Amanda.

Regardless, awesome win in which she looked awfully damn good.

Shevchenko is one of the greatest female strikers ever, not surprised at all that she outclassed Holly like that. Shevchenko beat much higher level of competition in Muay Thai/kickboxing than Holm did in boxing/kickboxing

I really enjoyed watching that fight. The event was more entertaining to me as a whole than UFC 200 was.

That fight was very good. Holly got legit outclassed and Val is easily the best female striker in the UFC.

yeah she was a step ahead for almost the entire fight, Val is legit

Shevchenko is one of the greatest female strikers ever, not surprised at all that she outclassed Holly like that. Shevchenko beat much higher level of competition in Muay Thai/kickboxing than Holm did in boxing/kickboxing
Holly is pretty much the 2nd or 3rd female boxer of all time, in terms of record and wins. So, that's silly to say.

That being said, Shevchenko is also one of the best ever. This was a fight of two of the elite female strikers in the world coming together, and one proving they were the better fighter. No need to disparage Holly's accomplishments.

I'm a fan of both women. I picked Holly to win based on her size advantage and thinking them both being very good strikers might cancel out a lot of offense. Always knew Valentina was very skilled, but she definitely impressed me even more tonight. She could easily be the top of the heap at 125, and possibly even contend at 135. But the fighters are going to have a size advantage, and that will make the grappling tougher for her against certain opponents. As we saw with Amanda.

Regardless, awesome win in which she looked awfully damn good.
Let's also not forget sHolm was 10-0 when she beat Ronda for the title. After the loss to Tate, who knows...maybe it did a little bit to her mental. She HAS looked a bit gun-shy lately, losing her 1st 2 fights in a row.

Let's also not forget sHolm was 10-0 when she beat Ronda for the title. After the loss to Tate, who knows...maybe it did a little bit to her mental. She HAS looked a bit gun-shy lately, losing her 1st 2 fights in a row.
Yeah, she came out pretty aggressive. But once Val settled in and got down her timing I'm sure it was really frustrating for Holly. She was forced to fight an uncomfortable fight, which is really tough on a fighter mentally.

Holly is pretty much the 2nd or 3rd female boxer of all time, in terms of record and wins. So, that's silly to say.

That being said, Shevchenko is also one of the best ever. This was a fight of two of the elite female strikers in the world coming together, and one proving they were the better fighter. No need to disparage Holly's accomplishments.
Not disparaging her achievements, Shevchenko is just flat out better and has more impressive wins in her Muay Thai/kickboxing career. Holly is still a great fighter but I said before the fight that Valentina is far and away the best striker she has ever faced in her career.

Well, better fighter TONIGHT. That's a bit unfair to make that assumption, don't you think?

Not alot of action. I think Shevchenko was the most active and she was averaging 2.14 strikes per minute which is meh

So this soviet broad is the shit now? I missed the event by choice but the highlights are intriguing.

Back