Why didnt Melendez check the kicks?

scorpiorising

The world eater
@Brown
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed or was brought up in broadcast, I am at the bar and had no audio.

I had some money (not much) on Melendez and the low kicks really killed him. From what I saw he didnt even attempt to check one leg kick.

Why? Even if he got taken down its better than what happened.

Sorry guys...had some beers, just annoyed when something obvious in a fight isnt corrected.

yeah to check leg kick you just hit "X" when u see it comin, super easy

I know right?

Also why don't more people check bullets aswell?!?!

It's..not that easy LoL.

Barboza throw's them hard and fast. Gil is slow as molasses on the feet anyway.

raw

How can you check something you cant see, playboy?

<13>

Barboza disguises them well and had a good speed advantage.

It's also the scrap pack with the Diaz bros. and Shields. They're not adept at checking kicks in general.

Lazer speed, Hand grenade impact... Barboza is one of, if not the very best kicker in the game. You don't just check that kind of kick, they are timed and thrown without any telegraph...

Edit: and as stated above, those 209 bangers like to throw down, and just eat alot of shots... Its their game to volume strike and Melendez isn't able to keep up these days, it seems.

Ok i guess thats what it was. Like I said I was drinking. It looked like he was heavy on his lead foot and creating an easy target.

You guys are right he was very fast with them though.

Why didn't wrestlers just take Chuck Liddell down?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ok guys I see the sarcasm. No wonder I dont post here anymore.

Combination of wide stance by Gil and great timing by Barboza. He used the leg kick as a great counter to Gil's aggression.

Why would you put money on Melendez over Barboza? The guy hasn't looked good at all since coming to the UFC.

He did attempt to check a few but Barboza had no tell at all on his kicks as usual, they are lightning quick. They're killing you before you even have time to react instinctively. This is Sherdog so i'm sure everyone has already forgotten the fact that Melendez is one of the best out there when it comes to dealing with kicks, both checking and catching/countering them. Don't talk as if Edson's kicks are just like any other fighter's kicks, they're on another level and I doubt anyone in the division could handle them when he starts throwing them 3 in a row like he did tonight. You're losing limbs.

Why didn't Misha defend those punches by Nunes and why didn't Pat Barry stop TDs

Why would you put money on Melendez over Barboza? The guy hasn't looked good at all since coming to the UFC.
At +180, coming off a PED suspension and being 1-3 in the UFC, a lot of people actually had faith in Melendez.

Nate Diaz was +255 against MJ.

I dont think anyone from that camp checks kicks. Nick explained why not in a video once. Too lazy to find

Back