Holm is past her prime

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
She is in her mid 30s and for most fighters it can go downhill very fast from here especially when you have a lot of mileage like Holm. She's had 38 boxing fights with some brutal matches in there, kickboxing and now 12 mma fights with a lot of rounds under her belt already.

I can see she's losing speed, precision and endurance with every fight now. That was not at her best tonight and it's not just because of the opponent doing well.

I think Ronda is waiting a bit longer untill Holly has slipped some more, then she may come back for a rematch.

I think Ronda was the pinnacle of her skills.shes uninspired now . Made some cash and isn't hungry

tldr

And no, Valentina is good.

How is this so hard to grasp?

Shertards going full shertard as usual.

I thought the pro athlete aging process would be different for women than men since women actually peak physically in their mid 30s. Apparently, I was wrong. Holm looked just as old and slow as a 35-year old male fighter. Even slower in some cases.

why cant a fighter just lost to a better fighter? why do they always have to be past it when they lose?

stop delegitimizing Vals win

tldr

And no, Valentina is good.

How is this so hard to grasp?

Shertards going full shertard as usual.

Nobody cares about "Valentina" whoever she is. If you don't have the eye for MMA and can't see a fighter past his/her prime then dancing with the stars is more up your alley.

Well if someone on sherdog said it, it must be true.

I think Ronda was the pinnacle of her skills.shes uninspired now . Made some cash and isn't hungry

It's not that she's uninspired, it's just she's a much better counter striker, she doesn't know how to be the aggressor; she misses more than half her attempts when leading. She basically punches the air.

So it's more to do with this matchup.

Nobody cares about "Valentina" whoever she is. If you don't have the eye for MMA and can't see a fighter past his/her prime then dancing with the stars is more up your alley.

Not sure if you're trolling of if you're the most shertarded, Tito Ortiz's-head-sized-potato... of the night.

She is in her prime. She just got exposed as a terrible striker. She is now washed up and one more loss to being a UFC reject.

Am I doing it right?

Fighter loses and is immediately pass prime and needs to retire.. Classic Sherdog!

No credit ever goes to the victor.. Holly is still a great fighter, she just lost 2 damn fights! Hah

I disagree. It's so funny how a fighter can JUST win the belt against an almost unstoppable-looking Rousey at the end of last year in emphatic fashion, being undefeated at the time, she has 2 bad fights, and people are making assessments like 'She's getting too old' now. Funny

I thought the pro athlete aging process would be different for women than men since women actually peak physically in their mid 30s. Apparently, I was wrong. Holm looked just as old and slow as a 35-year old male fighter. Even slower in some cases.

I don't think your correct at all , generally women peak earlier than men and fall off harder and faster.

She is in her mid 30s and for most fighters it can go downhill very fast from here especially when you have a lot of mileage like Holm. She's had 38 boxing fights with some brutal matches in there, kickboxing and now 12 mma fights with a lot of rounds under her belt already.

I can see she's losing speed, precision and endurance with every fight now. That was not at her best tonight and it's not just because of the opponent doing well.

I think Ronda is waiting a bit longer untill Holly has slipped some more, then she may come back for a rematch.
She was the same age before this fight took place.

Back