WTF was that last round?

MMAAAM

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Barboza has the best kicks in the game but his hands need a lot of work.
Wish he didn't coast trough the 3rd round.

Also, book Barboza against RDA for number one contender.

Barbosa has the best kicks in the game but his hands need a lot of work.
Wish he didn't coast trough the 3rd round.

It's on Gilbert to do something. He was under, and he needed to look for the finish.

He was doing so well then gave us tat snoozer. He just knew he was so far ahead on the scorecards .

agreed. seems like didn't want to punish Gilbert anymore towards the last minute or so.

It's on Gilbert to do something. He was under, and he needed to look for the finish.
Yeah but Barboza could have finish Glibert easily. He could have just spammed those kicks if he was afraid of getting caught in boxing range.

Gilbert tried to make it a fight, but his leg was jacked..... cant blame Edson for playing safe, he'd done his damage and was clearly winning.

He got wobbled in the 2nd round and has a history of getting finished, playing it safe was the only move in the 3rd round.

Yeah but Barboza could have finish Glibert easily. He could have just spammed those kicks if he was afraid of getting caught in boxing range.

That opens you to the counter punch, and Gilbert has been throwing hard all night. No need to take those risks with the victory in the bag.

His hands keep looking better buddeh. Nice combinations and a great left hook. His boxing defence only needs to get better.

Up two rounds and Gil had almost no movement, he maintained distance and just landed kicks. Smart strategy in the last round, Gil would go for broke if given the opportunity if Edson got over aggressive.

His hands keep looking better buddeh. Nice combinations and a great left hook. His boxing defence only needs to get better.

I think his hands are not very good. He swings very wildly and leaves very big openings for counters. The less he boxes the better.

I can never be mad a fighter for being smart.

Oh and Giblert was actually avoiding some of the last few leg kicks by sliding out of the way. It's not like Barboza didn't throw them.

Barboza kinda goes on cruise control once he realizes he is in the lead

that said i think his hands are looking good he just needs to work on a bit more head movement i mean its there but can use a little more work so he doesn't get hit as clean

Disappointing.

Possibly lost out on FOTN with that stinker of a last round.

His striking D needs help. He has a bad chin on top of that.

His offence is 10/10.

I can never be mad a fighter for being smart.

Oh and Giblert was actually avoiding some of the last few leg kicks by sliding out of the way. It's not like Barboza didn't throw them.
They literally stopped moving and threw their arms in the hair with like 10 seconds to go still...

He is not in a position to take risks and lose a fight. He is close to a title fight and needs to keep getting those W

Back