This is why Edson Barboza is one of my favorite fighters ever

FlyThaiMMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As an admirer of Muay Thai his technique and skill is a pleasure to watch, win or lose

Give this man a title shot, it's time for the Barboza era

He reminded me of Aldo tonight.

Just tonight?
edson-barboza-made-imprints-of-his-feet-all-over-anthony-pettis-body-at-ufc-197_1.jpg

Not deserving of a title shot... like at all...

Ferg, Khabib, etc. are all more deserving

Just tonight?
edson-barboza-made-imprints-of-his-feet-all-over-anthony-pettis-body-at-ufc-197_1.jpg

Yes, because it was a much more composed fight than usual. Took less risks than he usually does. He is stabilizing as a smart and not just 'exciting' fighter.

Gil trying his damnedest to not show how much his leg hurts. Tough son of a bitch.

I think he is deserving of the shot. He should get the winner of Alverez vs Khabib

Big fan of Khabib but a win over Darrel Horcher is better than pettis/melendez back to back? Sorry to say but a few people have surpassed Khabib in the last year.

yea Khabib is real deserving with that win over whats his name

Dude, Barboza lost to Ferguson and MJ not even that long ago...

He also beat Pettis after the RDA and Eddie fights... and Gilbert is at the end of his career

RDA vs Barboza makes sense for next number 1 contender
Rda and Khabib need to rematch, either puts Khabib back in the mix or it shows RDA did really improve since their first fight. Edson should get someone making their debut.

Edson is right, its time for him to get a main event fight. A Dos Anjos fight would be ideal for this fall.

Dude, Barboza lost to Ferguson and MJ not even that long ago...

He also beat Pettis after the RDA and Eddie fights... and Gilbert is at the end of his career
And Khabib is letting his career pass him by since being number 1 contender a year and a half ago he's beaten that Horcher fellow, meanwhile these other guys have stayed active beating people in the top 5? In exciting fashion none the less. Im half russian not that it should matter but even my patriotism isn't blinding me from the fact Khabib needs a signature win to get that shot.

Back