Is Weidman better than Cormier?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He beat Silva more convincingly than Daniel 2 times.

Very close. I'd have Weidman above DC on a GOAT list. And you are right Weidman beat an infinitely better version of Anderson in shape in far more convincing fashion.

I rank them as equals on the same level.

I actually think Chris could beat DC in a fight.

Better Striker Yup Better Wrestling Nope
Bettter BJJ yup.

beat silva convincingly?

aside from Silva being past his prime against both Weidman and Cormier

the first match was flukey as it gets. Silva clowning like a goof and handing over a KO to weidman on a silver platter. then in the re-match he breaks his fuckin leg son lol

dont start with the "weidman was winning the whole time" go re-watch the hendo, lutter, okami, marquardt, belfort and sonnen fights. Silva doesnt mind getting taken down early as he comes out in the second and starts stuffing TDS easy (like in both the weidman fights) and then starts to pick his opponent apart.

honestly a colossal tragedy that Silva gave away a KO like tha, then had such an unlikely shin break in the rematch lol

weidman/rockhold showed how easily silva would have crushed these guys in his prime

It's common sense that the Chris Weidman is better. DC is so overrated here.

beat silva convincingly?

dont start with the "weidman was winning the whole time" go re-watch the hendo, lutter, okami, marquardt, belfort and sonnen fights. Silva doesnt mind getting taken down early as he comes out in the second and starts stuffing TDS easy (like in both the weidman fights) and then starts to pick his opponent apart.

honestly a colossal tragedy that Silva gave away a KO like tha, then had such an unlikely shin break in the rematch lol

weidman/rockhold showed how easily silva would have crushed these guys in his prime

As much as I'm a Silva fan and brazilian I can't see things like you here. To be fair, in the first fight Weidman also ran a risk by playing Anderson's game and stop trying to take him down. So, props to him. But, yeah, one punch KO in a guy clowning (albeit strategically) doesn't prove much to me either, but in both fights in no way I agree Silva had an easy time stuffing tds and I believe he even became tentative in the second after being hit with a big elbow on the ground, etc. In comparison Machida did way better in td defense and in restraining Weidman on top of him when he got taken down.

Weidman destroyed the GOAT of his division twice while Cormier lost.

TBH it's super close. Cormier is obv the better wrestler but Weidman has superior BJJ and striking.

People massively underrated Weidman because he fought Rockhold despite having a broken foot throughout his entire training camp.

What on earth is this shit?!!

DC played it safe and blanketed Silva.

No more need be said.

Same thing was said for Silva. Yeah, he easily won a 3 round fight, but he didn't molest Silva.
Cormier went out knowing he had to claim a W at all costs. It's pretty obvious in the situation and what he said post fight.

He was never trying to ko anderson.

american mma that's what its always been about.

I remember picking Weidman over DC on Sherdog a few yrs ago. I still stand by that opinion. He's a better striker with more reach, and wont be bullied by DC. A lot of people would envision DC winning via wrestling and GNP akin to what Rockhold did. But I dont think so. Rockhold is a threat on the feet, is longer, and has better BJJ in comparison to DC. Edit: btw I picked Rockhold to beat beat Weidman in december. Im a Weidman fan but my bias isnt clouding my judgment

Last edited:
Weidman destroyed the GOAT of his division twice while Cormier lost.

TBH it's super close. Cormier is obv the better wrestler but Weidman has superior BJJ and striking.

People massively underrated Weidman because he fought Rockhold despite having a broken foot throughout his entire training camp.

Yep, people always forget that Chris went into that fight with a broken foot during training camp. The guy couldn't even stand up to bowl before the fight.

Also, he went into the Machina fight with a broken hand during training camp.

Yep, people always forget that Chris went into that fight with a broken foot during training camp. The guy couldn't even stand up to bowl before the fight.

Also, he went into the Machina fight with a broken hand during training camp.

Dudes such a beast but he really needs to fucking stay healthy. He's entering Cain/Pettis levels

Cormier went out knowing he had to claim a W at all costs. It's pretty obvious in the situation and what he said post fight.

He was never trying to ko anderson.

american mma that's what its always been about.

I completely get that, and I wasn't one of those fans hating in him for it.

That being said, he showed yet again how weak his GnP is. I've never been Impressed with his GnP, ever.

Back