The UFC can't get rid of USADA because it will be a PR nightmare

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Just imagine how bad it will look if the UFC got rid of USADA.

It will be rightfully assumed that PEDs will return with a vengeance. A bad look if you want to make the sport mainstream.

It will be perceived that some fighters are being protected.

Many shertards want USADA gone. However, the UFC is stuck with them now for better or worse.

But what they could do is sell the company after ingesting that poison pill, and start up a Super Ultimate Fighting Championships.

Yes thats obvious and common sense, and they wont get rid of USADA.

I also doubt its going to "ruin" the sport like some fans are saying. A small % of fighters have been popped when you look at the number over overall fights. Its a much larger % than what happened in the past but this was always expected in the short run, in the long run people will cheat less or find better ways to not get caught.

C'mon, son...

You don't think that Dana could come up with enough bullshit to cover the truth???

This dude polishes bullshit for a living, and suckers eat it up.

FotorCreated12345.jpg

As we all know.

It will be rightfully assumed that PEDs will return with a vengeance. A bad look if you want to make the sport mainstream.

Many shertards want USADA gone. However, the UFC is stuck with them now for better or worse.
Mate UFC was the one that made the partnership with usada so the fact that ur coming up with this what if scenario is completely shertarded

Yes, they can not get rid of it.

They will have to make 3 minutes rounds, thicker gloves And ban all jointmanipulation, since healing injuries will take longer time.. They will survive somehow.

we know that, I've said it too

It's here to stay.

You don't think it's already been a PR nightmare? Lol

Have you been living under a rock for the past month?

Jones and Lesnar testing positive isn't a good look. The fact the UFC has a PED problem is now being brought to light in the mainstream sports media.

They can say something along the line of USADA being to invasive in fighters lives and that they are going back to regular AC testing. They can also point to examples of USADA not being used in the NFL, NBA, etc.

No shit. Only idiots think USADA can disappear.

If the new owners decide that they're going to all their testing in house it isn't that big of a deal.

They have to find a way to give the appearance of testing...without any actual testing.

Maybe get some goons to make them an offer "you gonna keep real quiet now see" lol

Yes, they can not get rid of it.

They will have to make 3 minutes rounds, thicker gloves And ban all jointmanipulation, since healing injuries will take longer time.. They will survive somehow.

3 minute rounds and dad bods. Hey let me fight too! And no punching, that's dangerous. lol

I agree with all except that they're stuck with USADA, they brought in USADA and absolutely expected this outcome. In Lorenzo's words "this will get wors before it gets better".

I agree with all except that they're stuck with USADA, they brought in USADA and absolutely expected this outcome. In Lorenzo's words "this will get wors before it gets better".

Since USADA isn't going away, the only way this gets better is if the Fighters find better PEDs to get away with it.

Every fighter out there is always looking for an "edge". They don't want to be evenly matched. They want to win the fight. That's their thought-process.

It will get worse, as Lorenzo stated, but I think it will not get better if fights are constantly cancelled and replaced with backup fights in basically EVERY FUCKING PPV or UFC EVENT.

You are absolutely right. There is no way out of this for UFC.

Since USADA isn't going away, the only way this gets better is if the Fighters find better PEDs to get away with it.

Every fighter out there is always looking for an "edge". They don't want to be evenly matched. They want to win the fight. That's their thought-process.

It will get worse, as Lorenzo stated, but I think it will not get better if fights are constantly cancelled and replaced with backup fights in basically EVERY FUCKING PPV or UFC EVENT.

Over 400 tests have been made and about 20 fighters have popped and it has cost them dearly, I expect less and less fighters to take the risk.

Back