Can Ben Askren win the UFC title if he joins the promotion?

vigneshm1995

The Notorious V.I.G
@purple
Reaction score
Watched his fight against Andrey Koreshkov it was impressive to see him completely dominate a beast like Koreshkov

Which top 5 UFC Welterweight does Askren beat?

52733170.CA_RonaldMcDonald_Mar2003.jpg

Nah, WW is full of killers

Robbie, Condit, Wonderboy, Maia, etc. would all kill him... he might be able to take fat Johnny or maybe Gastellum

Doubt it but you never know.Think rory and robbie and maia are bad matchups for him though.He would be a top 10 ww though and should be in the ufc

Absolutely not, he'd be the most one-dimensional guy on the roster.

He would easily destroy Condit, declining Rory, Karateboy, and GSP. Maia would sub him.

He should fight Maia. Whoever loses has to quit fighting, and the winner has to retire.

I wouldn't watch it, but it would be fantastic either way it goes.

there's a reason that ben askren isn't in the ufc... he's a great fighter but he's ducking competition.

I think so. He wouldn't hold it for long but I think he would do well against lawler.

He'd have a shot, but ultimately is not well rounded enough to win the title IMO.

While i don't see him winning a title I do want to see how his style will work against some better competition.

People need to stop overrating Koreshkov because of the Bendo win, look at his Thatch and Masvidal wins, Bendo wasn't doing what Cerrone is.

He looked impressive but Bendo isn't cut out for 170.

Yes, he sure can, but There Are some tough matchups. Maia will be tough, And when he decides he can't take Robbie down..

He would waltz to the strap, UFC belts are hype, Eddie Alvarez would have won it 5 years ago had he faced Edgar. Askren is in the same boat he would put his face in Robbie's crotch for 5 rounds just like Hendricks, but he would also throw short shots from that position and get the win. He would do the same to Rory or Condit or Woodley, they have no answer for his top game ,period.

Honestly Dana should have signed him to a one fight deal against maia.

If he beats maia then he'll get a real contract

He will run through UFC welterweight division just like a knife through the butter.

Back