Cain Velasquez Tattoo Question?

HOV

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've read a couple of times that people are offended about Cains tattoo but do some of you think it's truly a racist tattoo?Are his intentions that of a racist?....Now me being hispanic and from Cali the only people I have known with tattoos similar to Cains are usually that of a gang member and I have to admit I've never seen that type of tattoo on someone who is successful in life until I saw Cain...with all that has been said I don't think he's a racist nor his tattoo has a racist intent or meaning....he's just proud of his race and his background...nothing more nothing less

inb4 the shitstorm

Thats not a racist tattoo, this is a racist tattoo
racist-tattoo.jpg

there's a difference in being proud of your racial heritage when it involves your race being oppressed for most of it's history, and being proud of your heritage when it involves your race oppressing almost every other that it has encountered in it's history.

It was either that or Travis pride.

I can see why he chose Brown.

$10 says TS actually likes Hilary. Not just voting for her because she's not Trump, but is like "I like her"

I've read a couple of times that people are offended about Cains tattoo but do some of you think it's truly a racist tattoo?Are his intentions that of a racist?....Now me being hispanic and from Cali the only people I have known with tattoos similar to Cains are usually that of a gang member and I have to admit I've never seen that type of tattoo on someone who is successful in life until I saw Cain...with all that has been said I don't think he's a racist nor his tattoo has a racist intent or meaning....he's just proud of his race and his background...nothing more nothing less

Minorities CANNOT be racist.

They CAN be prejudice however.

Anyway, people that have a problem with his tattoo are the issue.

Cain is a SUPER friendly guy; he does not have a NEGATIVE agenda with that tattoo.

End of story.

It's been done to death. The tattoo is by definition racist but the term "Brown" has been adopted by Mexicans as just another name for a Mexican. I don't think Cain had any racial motives behind it. He may have had some anger issues growing up and has admitted he had no Mexican athletes or stars to look up to so for him it was probably an identity thing.

He SHOULD have gotten "Mexican Pride". "Brown Pride" is what make people see racism since you are changing it from cultural pride to racial pride.

there's a difference in being proud of your racial heritage when it involves your race being oppressed for most of it's history, and being proud of your heritage when it involves your race oppressing almost every other that it has encountered in it's history.

I've never oppressed anyone. And neither has my white skin.

Thats not a racist tattoo, this is a racist tattoo
racist-tattoo.jpg
I always try to picture people that get tattoos like this getting interviewed for a job. And what was your job prior to being a drug mule?

I don't know.

Aquamarine Desk Pride! Yay me!!!!!

Back