Will Stipe Try to Take Overeem Down and Wrestle with Him?

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
or you predict he stays standing and looks for the finish

Overeem by ko or sub ... its finally happening champ 2k16

Overeem ain't exactly a novice on the ground...

Have no idea how it plays out but can't wait to see it!!!!! :D

Stipe will beat Overeem the way everyone else does. He'll knock his overated ass out. Standing.

I actually think Overeem is going to take Stipe down and pound him out

I think at the very least he will change levels and threaten with takedowns. Cautiously though, Overeem has the best knees in MMA one can end a fight. Can't wait for this one haven't been this excited for a HW fight in a long time.

Stipe will beat Overeem the way everyone else does. He'll knock his overated ass out. Standing.
Yea right
reem.jpg

I actually think Overeem is going to take Stipe down and pound him out
I think you'd be surprised
Overeem by ko or sub ... its finally happening champ 2k16
eh. KO is possible. Doubtful though.
Overeem ain't exactly a novice on the ground...

Have no idea how it plays out but can't wait to see it!!!!! :D
which is why I pose the question. He has good TDD and is a pretty good grappler. If he was Hunt level on the ground stipe was repeat that performance without question, but Overeem's defense could mean falling into a clinch if Stipe fails a TD and that's not where he wants to be. It's interesting to think about, hence the thread

I think this fight might be over before anyone thinks takedown.

Reem's improved but Stipe is just better than him in both aspects. He probably just edges him out at both due to fireman strength.

I see stipe clipping him and finishing him on the ground. It seems to me that a lot of fighters underestimate or have little respect for stipe bc of that loss to struve. Hunt and werdum learned the hard way.

I think you'd be surprised

eh. KO is possible. Doubtful though.

which is why I pose the question. He has good TDD and is a pretty good grappler. If he was Hunt level on the ground stipe was repeat that performance without question, but Overeem's defense could mean falling into a clinch if Stipe fails a TD and that's not where he wants to be. It's interesting to think about, hence the thread

Great post!

Overeem gets a early-stoppage win against JDS & beats his gatekeeper teammate knowing that he beats him in sparring and all of sudden some people think that he is just going to take the belt from somebody that is a horrible match up for him. Iron chin, strong, good hands and wrestling credentials. Ha-ha-ha. Prepare for a first or maybe second round KO

Stipe is the man. But this is HW were talking about here. Assuming they both beat USADA first, this fight could be a pick em. I favor Stipe the longer it goes. However overeem has been coming in with a game plan recently. I suspect he initially clinches to see who's stronger and if he can land early with knees.

The pressure is gonna be on Stipe for the first time in his home as champ to perform. We've watched Champs fold when this happens.

I'll take Overeem round 1 TKO but hope to see Stipe fight Cain.

If I'm in Stipe's corner I say forward pressure, catch him against the fence, and use body shots to open shots to the head.

If I'm in Overeem's corner I say pick your shots, lateral movement to stay off the fence, find the openings and let er rip.

So I don't think I see either one trying to force this fight to the ground as part the plan.

Stipe is very confident in his boxing skills. I think he'll stick to his guns.

Overeem gets a early-stoppage win against JDS & beats his gatekeeper teammate knowing that he beats him in sparring and all of sudden some people think that he is just going to take the belt from somebody that is a horrible match up for him. Iron chin, strong, good hands and wrestling credentials. Ha-ha-ha. Prepare for a first or maybe second round KO
>early-stoppage win against JDS
You mean, holding JDS and punching him repeatedly in the head didn't warrant a finish? JDS wasn't even trying to block punches to the head!

Back