Gus is so underrated it's ridiculous

Stillmyboy1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The guy beat Jones pretty much and got robbed. He then barely lost to DC and could have easily won that fight if he tried a bit harder. I think it's ridiculous they expect him to fight this Jan guy when he comes back, he should be rematching Rumble IMO. He needs to avenge his losses and then get a shot at the title.

Him and Frankie Edgar are the most overlooked guys in the UFC

Discuss

He's 1-3 since 2013... I'd say overrated if anything.

He is yet to be beaten fair and square

PerkyPastAfricancivet.gif

i don't think so. he's a good fighter and is recognised as such but he has an average resume and has lost to all of the top fighters he's faced

Gatekeeper

nothing more
This post is so "heavies"

OT: The bracket is thin. They
need to build fighters intelligently.
Especially now that Jones is gone
& DC has fought & beat the elite..
Gusto, if he still has the fire and
comes in at his best, he should be
able to come out with an impressive
win here. Which, I imagine would
warrant a rematch with Johnson.
Texeira has been putting in work
though. You gotta put him in there

Headbutt. Up until getting headbutted Gus was in complete control of the fight. I have never seen a bigger fluke in my life

Not sure if serious.

While I do like Gus and think highly of him. He is not in a tricky place, his 1-3 record since 2013 looks worse than it is considering he fought a close fight with DC and Jones. At the same time he didn't look impressive against his top wins in Shogun and Jimi Manuwa

Headbutt. Up until getting headbutted Gus was in complete control of the fight. I have never seen a bigger fluke in my life

you should watch it again, he landed 3-4 leg kicks and a few jabs... there was nothing of any consequence up until the finish

He is yet to be beaten fair and square
RUMBLE

Anyway I had hopes for Gus, but as people before me said, he's just a gatekeeper. People say it was close and robbed. Yes, only vs Jones it was close and he was not robbed. Rumble destroyed him. Cormier won 4 out of 5 rounds vs him. LOW FIGHT IQ GUS.

you should watch it again, he landed 3-4 leg kicks and a few jabs... there was nothing of any consequence up until the finish
Hah Gus had Rumble severely damaged up until he faked being poked in the eye. Cheap tactics, Rumble knew he was in trouble so he resorted to hitting Gus with a cheap headbutt when he wasn't ready for it.

Hah Gus had Rumble severely damaged up until he faked being poked in the eye. Cheap tactics, Rumble knew he was in trouble so he resorted to hitting Gus with a cheap headbutt when he wasn't ready for it.
okiedoke then

I have never heard a whiter belt talk.

You spelled overrated wrong. His wins are average and he gets more credit for his losses than anything. I swear Gus fans are delusional.

You're a green belt. shut your mouth
Fluke head butt that was disproven by even Gus, and a god damn video replay "wins" on scorecards of drunken armchair quarterbacks, these are just excuses for fanboys... A loss is a loss is a loss. In a rematch any of the 3 that beat him would be colossal favorites.

Fuck, Davis would still be favored In Vegas.

He's as tough as they come, may not have the most complete skill set but the guy always shows up to fight. How could people not like Gus is what I'm wondering, he's like a 6'5" Diaz without all the crudeness.

Back