Looking back at UFC 178

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Was looking through some older events and this one really caught my attention. At the time Mighty Mouse was the only champion fighting on the card, but if it was to happen now there would be 5 champions.

You had Mcgregor, Alvarez, Nunes, Cruz fighting on the card (with Alvarez and Nunes actually losing their fights) along with Wonderboy and Yoel Romero 2 fighters who could very possibly be champions in the near future. Just thought it was interesting how stacked that card was.

Huh. I was looking for something to watch on Fight Pass. I'll give it a look. :cool:

Also, kinda crazy that they had Cruz returning on the prelims. I guess no one had faith in his abilities to make it to fight week.

That was a fun night of fights, Cruz coming back in dominating fashion was a special moment. Wonderboy vs Côtê was a fun little scrap, Zingano vs Nunes was an awesome fight, of course the stool gate Kennedy vs Yoel Gesus, Cowboy vs Alvarez, McGoat vs Poirier, and DJ displaying his dominance vs poor Cariaso.

I was really bummed we didn't get to see the original main event of Jones vs Gustafsson II though.

Conor is the GOAT and will tool Nate in the rematch. I'm not drunk

That was a fun night of fights, Cruz coming back in dominating fashion was a special moment. Wonderboy vs Côtê was a fun little scrap, Zingano vs Nunes was an awesome fight, of course the stool gate Kennedy vs Yoel Gesus, Cowboy vs Alvarez, McGoat vs Poirier, and DJ displaying his dominance vs poor Cariaso.

I was really bummed we didn't get to see the original main event of Jones vs Gustafsson II though.
Yeah. I remember being even more pumped when DC stepped in and they had that brawl. Unfortunatly, Jones pulled out and the fight was scrapped from 178. They had to pull MM from 177 to save 178, who didn't need to be saved.

Last edited:
Interesting... May have to give that a view

It's cool to look back like that. I looked back on UFC 17 which waz the debut of Chuck Liddell & also the debut of Hendo (who beat 2 people in the same night)

I waz there & had stats on them, but to look back on how historic that waz iz pretty cool.

Yeah. That card was better than UFC 200. Haaa. What an exciting night of fights. That was the first sign for me that McGregor was legit.

Yeah. That card was better than UFC 200. Haaa. What an exciting night of fights. That was the first sign for me that McGregor was legit.

It's sad how hard 200 flopped entertainment wise haaa.

Same, before that I was like this guy McGregor is going to lose versus anybody legit top 10 and he ran through DDP like nothing.

Yeah i couldn't believe the people that said he would wipe out the floor with Dustin.

Sure enough he did. Damn.

It's sad how hard 200 flopped entertainment wise haaa.

Same, before that I was like this guy McGregor is going to lose versus anybody legit top 10 and he ran through DDP like nothing.
Yeah i couldn't believe the people that said he would wipe out the floor with Dustin.

Sure enough he did. Damn.

DDP? Nice!

I was the main one talking shit around here. Like "I can't wait for Dustin to run through this motherfucker and this hype train can be deaded"

Dustin drops..

mcgregor.gif

Me Afterwards

24x032d.gif

The Yoel incident and Tim loosig his cool is what detracts me from rewatching it ... i get very upset watching that shit.
But it was a cool card.

DDP? Nice!

I was the main one talking shit around here. Like "I can't wait for Dustin to run through this motherfucker and this hype train can be deaded"

Dustin drops..

mcgregor.gif

Me Afterwards

24x032d.gif

Haaaa me too I was telling everybody Conor was going to get exposed by the diamond and then he goes in and TKO's him in the fucking first and the whole mystic Mac shit was born and I look fucking dumb to all the people I was hyping the fight to

Back