Nate Diaz set for 'Conan'

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
images

Team Coco to get a visit from the 209, Conor McGregor got his time on “Conan,” and now it’s Nate Diaz’s turn.

Diaz will plug his rematch with McGregor at next month’s UFC 202 when he appears next Tuesday on “Conan,” a UFC official today confirmed on Twitter.

“Nate Diaz shocked the UFC world when he beat featherweight champion Conor McGregor, and now they’re facing off again at UFC 202 on Saturday, August 20th,” read the description for the July 26 episode on TBS. “Nate might have a thing or two to say about the whole thing.”

As the promo so clearly states, McGregor (19-3 MMA, 7-1 UFC) and Diaz (19-10 MMA, 14-8 UFC) will go around again on pay-per-view at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, five months after they first met at UFC 196 and Diaz shocked the world with a second-round submission.

Diaz famously said he wasn’t surprised, but that undoubtedly wasn’t the case for McGregor, who promoted the first meeting on the late-night talk show hosted by Conan O’Brien. McGregor told the big-haired host Diaz was “repetitive” and “almost stuck in a routine” and that he might “ping” a capoeira kick across the Stockton native’s head.

McGregor did throw the kick, but it failed to put the durable Diaz away. In the second round, the UFC featherweight champ faded quickly after Diaz landed a hard punch that forced a sloppy takedown. In a flash, McGregor was tapping out.

Indeed, Diaz will have a few things to say about that, and the highly anticipated rematch.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/team-coco-to-get-a-visit-from-the-209-nate-diaz-set-for-conan

THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!.

O god not that "comedian"

As an European, Conan is the only one who comes across as somewhat authentic compared to other American late night shows who seem fully scripted with fake laughter (Jimmy Fallon is the worst)

I hope the censors have their hands on the button. Lol.

It will be like watching a car crash. And I'm a huge Nate fan but I just don't think this type of show suits him.
I know what you mean, but Conan is an absolute pro at turning that kind of things around. The best in the business IMO.

Good for Nate. It was cool to see him making his media rounds after he beat Conor, I noticed he seemed to have fun with it.
Nate's different than Nick in that sense, he doesn't have the anxiety that Nick has about speaking in public.

A lot of people think the Diaz brothers are just two stupid stoners who talk nonsense, although both of them have different ways of expressing themselves verbally I enjoy listening to them talk. They are intelligent as fuck when it comes to this sport. And of course they are two of the more entertaining characters in MMA too lol.

This should be a good watch, I'm looking forward to it. :D

Good for Nate i guess, but the awkwardness gonna be total.

I'm feeling uncomfortable as hell just thinking about it. Conan is the king of intentional awkwardness and Nate is the king of unintentional awkwardness. It's going to be uncomfortable and weird.

Conan and Andy with Diaz should be funny. Conan is so self deprecating that he can disarm anyone, including Marshawn Lynch.

Conan and Andy with Diaz should be funny. Conan is so self deprecating that he can disarm anyone, including Marshawn Lynch.

That's what I like about Conan, he'll bring anybody out of their shell, even Beastmode.

Nate's gonna do just fine. His appearance on Conan will bring more eyes to UFC 202. People appreciate the genuine article. This will be an entertaining show. 209, motherfucker.

"What is this, the fuckin money channel?"

OH GOD NO

i expect my reaction will be this the entire time
giphy.gif

Back