How would the current Demian Maia do against Silva in a rematch

MikeSTL

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I would love to see this rematch at 185. I think Maia would smoke Silva these days. Am I delusional?

If he got to the ground sure. I don't think he can though.
If it's a stand up the whole time hells nah

IF he got it to the ground... yeah. But thats gonna be the story with Condit as well... Except Condit has the ground game to do damage from the guard and keep the submission attempts limited as well... If Silva would be able to avoid being smothered, he gets a KO/TKO

Maia would dominate Silva on the mat. If it didnt get there, he would get KOed on the feet.

Well, how would prime Silva do against prime Maia -- and I think Maia is awesome. Rewatch that fight and watch a disinterested Silva turn his face into mush.

Silva has very good defensive BJJ, and I believe he's at least competent enough to survive if the fight somehow made its way to the ground. But I don't think it would ever get there in the first place. Silva by flying knee in the first round.

Don't think Silva will play around this time. Anderson TKOs him.

Anderson is quite big for demian...

Jacare Will maul silva though

Silva would lose to Maia today. Silva's on a bad stretch, and Maia is red-hot. With the improved TD game of Maia, I'd predict a dominant UD for Demian.

I think Anderson still beats him. I believe Anderson's recent fights have skewed people's view of his abilities and the same goes for Maia, but in the other direction. Maia is still smaller with far lesser striking and not-the-greatest cardio.

Are we forgetting that Maia ran from that weight class? Silva worked himself up so much he gassed in that fight. If you don't believe that I'll put it this way, Silva wasn't efficient with his energy. But he would do better nowadays and that's only because he isn't training with Wanderlei Silva anymore thinking he's a heavy hitter.

He knows now to keep fights on the ground

IF he got it to the ground... yeah. But thats gonna be the story with Condit as well... Except Condit has the ground game to do damage from the guard and keep the submission attempts limited as well... If Silva would be able to avoid being smothered, he gets a KO/TKO

If you think Condit can do anything on.the ground beside survive you are mistaken. Standing he should eat Mia alive.

If you think Condit can do anything on.the ground beside survive you are mistaken. Standing he should eat Mia alive.

1_medium.gif

I would love to see this rematch at 185. I think Maia would smoke Silva these days. Am I delusional?

That was one of the worst fights in the modern era of MMA. Why in the fuck would anyone voluntarily want to see that shit again?

we%2527re%2Ball%2Bbored.gif

It would be the same as the first fight. I wanna see Maia vs souza how that go.

It would be the same as the first fight. I wanna see Maia vs souza how that go.

There grappling would cancel eachother out and Jacare would maul him standing via being bigger, a lot stronger, and a better striker

That was one of the worst fights in the modern era of MMA. Why in the fuck would anyone voluntarily want to see that shit again?

we%2527re%2Ball%2Bbored.gif
It gets better when you rewatch it. Like Kimbo vs Dada 5000

Back