UFC is like Jenga

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Every time UFC tries to build a star, they come crashing down so hard.

Just like Ronda meltdown, Jones/Brock, Conor about to get #rekt again

EpEdv.gif

I think MMA is too chinny of a sport to risk everything into stardom, just like how Pride and K-1 got #rekt in Japan because it was all about Sakurabu and Masato, and EliteXC was about Kimbo.

UFC needs to cater to its fans, and not the casuals.

Its why boxing has survived so long, they cater to boxing fans with good match ups,etc and not focused on building "stars". Sports like basketball, football, baseball, etc will always survive despite the popular team losing.

MMA fans are too fickle, and the UFC needs to stop playing Jenga like Pride and K-1 did. UFC is a franchise that controls the sport so they are at risk.

Last edited:
"they cater to boxing fans with good match ups"

<41>

giphy.gif

The Thread is stupid and punishment is superman nut kick.
Angry-Superman-Kick-Into-Space-Gif.gif

I didn't read the post I just watched the gif

10/10

Fighters eventually lose fights or make mistakes outside the ring.

ron-burgandy-breaking-news.png

Did you honesty just say that boxing caters to the fans???
That's why the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight was 5 years late.

I think MMA is too chinny of a sport to risk everything into stardom, just like how Pride and K-1 got #rekt in Japan because it was all about Sakurabu and Masato, and EliteXC was about Kimbo..

Lmao did you even watch K1??.....K1 never built around Masato, the push was more about rivalries of the sport during that time with guys like Buakaw, Souwer or Petrosyan fighting in the same weight class as Masato. This is just one weight class were talking here as well. This could go hand in hand with what you're saying with good match ups in boxing.

As for Pride, you could argue that there were bigger superstars than Saku.....like Fedor for example, who was never defeated in Pride mind you. PRIDE fell out because of allegations of corruption, ties with organized crime etc.

TL;DR?? I get your notion but at the same time I dont??

Lmao did you even watch K1??.....K1 never built around Masato, the push was more about rivalries of the sport during that time with guys like Buakaw, Souwer or Petrosyan fighting in the same weight class as Masato. This is just one weight class were talking here as well. This could go hand in hand with what you're saying with good match ups in boxing.

As for Pride, you could argue that there were bigger superstars than Saku.....like Fedor for example, who was never defeated in Pride mind you. PRIDE fell out because of allegations of corruption, ties with organized crime etc.

TL;DR?? I get your notion but at the same time I dont??
K-1 Max was completely built around Masato. They were just lucky Masato was the best fighter at the time. He would have beaten Petrosyan but Petrosyan broke his hand and pulled out.

LOL...

2X4 Jenga that's over 4' tall. Kid about 3' tall that sucks at Jenga. And whoever shot the vid knows the kid is gonna be using the 2X4s as toothpicks...

Brilliant.

Back