Darren Elkins Caught Lying About his Height

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
qqEFf6d.jpg

Pepey is 5'11. Dunno why it says 5'7.

UFC making C Level promotion mistakes.

Shane Carwinesque in his height cutting skills is Elkins, Joe.

The height and reach measurements are all over the place in the UFC shit has always been inconsistent af Carwin is the biggest example. Is normal.

Yeah, it's not Elkins lying, is the UFC fucking up with Pepey's height.

I don't get it. Don't they get measured or do they just take their word for it? This happens way too much.

The height and reach measurements are all over the place in the UFC shit has always been inconsistent af Carwin is the biggest example. Is normal.
Wait. Are you telling me Shane is not actually 6' 5"?

It's pretty common almost anywhere. If I get asked what mine is I just say 6'2", cause frankly I think I'd sound like an ass trying to be precise at 6'1.5", or 6'1.75. Some of the ufc listed heights are definitely wildly off. Carwin vs Mir pre fight face off anyone?

Apparently some 5'7" people are taller than 5'10" people. I would have never guessed.

I don't get it. Don't they get measured or do they just take their word for it? This happens way too much.

They probably just copy it from the driver's license/passport. I grew 2-3" since I got my license at 17 and never bothered to change it.

lol ufc.com lists

darren elkins as

5'10
71 hand reach
39 leg reach

Pepey
5'7
73 hand reach
41 leg reach

maybe elkins has a large torso? heh

your height fluctuates throughout the day. That's why the Guiness Book of Records measures you 3 times a day and takes the average

The guy could've woken up at 5'10 and shrunk to 5'7 :D

They probably just copy it from the driver's license/passport. I grew 2-3" since I got my license at 17 and never bothered to change it.

But that would mean these athletes are shrinking since it's almost always fighters being shorter than they are. Doesn't sound plausible.

You'd have to be a serious idiot to think Pepey is 5'7" ,or you're just one of those people that just study stats instead of watch fights.

It's pretty common almost anywhere. If I get asked what mine is I just say 6'2", cause frankly I think I'd sound like an ass trying to be precise at 6'1.5", or 6'1.75. Some of the ufc listed heights are definitely wildly off. Carwin vs Mir pre fight face off anyone?

I specify that I'm 5' 11 3/4" because I once tried to say I was 6' and someone who was actually 6' was like "wut."

UFC needs to get their shit together and measure these guys at the weigh ins, up against a wall, standing straight up. They look amateurish with the height discrepancies.

Back