Should they bring back...

kicks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The WEC? All of these fight nights are great but it's hard to keep up with fighters that are making their UFC debut. And the cards have 1-2 big name fights.They could use it to grow fighters instead of putting Joe Smoe in the ufc. Its kinda like picking a YMCA team and putting them in the NBA.
Look what the first one produced Aldo, Faber, Cowboy Chael
So I say cut down on the fight nights make better UFC cards with established fighters and have great WEC fights in place of fight nights all while growing new talent for the future.

I've been saying this for awhile. But keep the same weight classes as UFC and send anyone under top 10 over there. Have the UFC name used as the major leagues and WEC or whatever they'd want to call it as the minor leagues. Fighters move to orgs depending on their rank.

I've been saying this for awhile. But keep the same weight classes as UFC and send anyone under top 10 over there. Have the UFC name used as the major leagues and WEC or whatever they'd want to call it as the minor leagues. Fighters move to orgs depending on their rank.
I think if you actually sit down and try and do this it would be a logistical nightmare... And using the UFC rankings?

They should bring back soccer kicks,refs with earpieces,japanese announcers,freakshow fights and roids.In other words i think they should bring back PRIDE!

They should bring back soccer kicks,refs with earpieces,japanese announcers,freakshow fights and roids.In other words i think they should bring back PRIDE!

We can only dream,the latest version is rizin

I loved the WEC and can't remember a single wholly terrible card. However, I believe your idea was the basis of the WEC back when Zuffa acquired it, and that plan didn't last too long. Once you build a few names in the WEC -- enough to get the layman interested -- it would be org suicide to move them to the UFC and start over with the WEC roster.

No but I agree with the point you are trying to relay. Having other competitive organizations is good for the UFC product. WEC beefed up the 155 division and established the lighter weight classes. StrikeForce rejuvenated the HW and MW division. Eddie Alvarez was a Bellator staple and MVP and Koreshkov are great fighters as well.

14_medium.gif

Back