Would Sakuraba have beaten Rickson Gracie?

Who would have won?

• Total voters

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if they fought in their primes under pride rules?

I know rickson is a BJJ legend, Bjj folklore has him as the best ever other than his older brother Rolles I believe that past away. that said..... I think Prime Sakuraba's more complete MMA game could have beaten Rickson, esp under PRIDE F/C rules what say you?

Sakuraba had much better kickboxing. Rickson really only had a leg kick, and basic punches. He used to overwhelm his opponents with his athleticism, and of course Jiu Jitsu. Saku would've beat him. It would've been a tough ass fight, but Saku was a legit professional fighter, whereas Rickson was a great street fighting type of guy. He fought too panicked, and not with the measured pace of a pro fighter. Saku was legit.

As strong as Rickson was, Saku was able to hang with much bigger fighters than him, also he had a very unpredictable style of fighting so he could pull the win

90 minutes of fight with Royce ? 3 days with Rickson :D

It would have been under Gracie rules. lol. Not Pride rules.

It's something we can argue forever as we didn't see much of Rickson in MMA, but there isn't anyone who won't say his grappling wasn't infinitely better than Royce or any or the other Gracies that Sakuraba competed against. Rickson would have had to have no time limit thought. So god knows. There would have to be a limit at some point. So probably a draw under their rules.

No such thing as "Pride rules" when a Gracie gets in the ring.....They want no time limit, Gi allowed, No restanding for stalling, No yellow cards....Did I leave anything out?

400-1

1459711632312228.jpg

Seriously, who knows how that would've gone.

I say Sakuraba. The Rickson's legend has grown so out of proportion, especially with so little video evidence, it makes people think it was just a promotional gig by Gracies. From the few videos I saw of Rickson he has the same weird leg stomp Royce used to do. Didn't see anything that would make me believe he was head and shoulders above the competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back