Lets be honest MMA has lost alot of glamour and is not as fun as it use to be

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
Just going back to 2013 it was alot funnier and the fights were even more interesting and I don't know what happened maybe the lack of legend fighters(pride, shootbox fighters, ex-k1, goats etc etc) since they are all aging and the upcoming guys all look like cans to be fairly honest except very very few. MMA has been on the down side since late 2014 and the pool got drained.

There is no real killers you can watch and something when you buy your thinking ''Oh Boy this is real fight'' I'm talking about the real mean fighters like Sergei kharitonov, Wanderlei the Ax Murderer, Fedor Emelianenko.. dudes you know that will kill each other if legel. Or the technical brillant once like Machida, Spider, BJ Penn etc etc.

Last edited:
Almost 600 fighters, two womens' divisions, you will get cans.

Last edited:
halfbaked-boo.gif

Go back to 2013, people were saying it wasn't as much fun as 2011. They are all right.

Just going back to 2013 it was alot funnier and the fights were even more interesting and I don't know what happened maybe the lack of legend fighters(pride, shootbox, fighters, ex-k1, goats etc etc) since they are all aging and the upcoming guys all look like cans to be fairly honest except very very few. MMA has been on the down side since late 2014 and the pool got drained
Haha. This pops up every year since the beginning of time.

Its starting to penetrate pop culture too much....which shouldn't be a bad thing...but its annoying when all these new fans think mma revolves around rousey/Jones/McGregor/brock. Then you got ones that think they know the sport, but would say something like...murilo bustamante was a can

What are you 14 TS? JUST watch the damn fights. Too many people looking to find something fucking wrong all the time with everything. There are people fighting, on the weekend. You can have a beer, hang with friends, eat chicken wings. No luster lost there for me Johnny.

But go ahead do carry on with your whining.

2008-2012 was a weird time because there were so many legends fighting each other. A lot of fighter's primes lined up. Fast forward to now and there are still, new and old, legends fighting but not like in the past. It's kind of like we are in between eras right now. The only "new" era fighters that move the needle are Rousey, McGregor, Jones, Aldo, and Weidman, and unfortunately only 2 of them are close enough in weight to fight.

your crazy, MMA is way better and will continue to grow for quite awhile still.

skill level is goin up overall and way deeper divisions, except HW's.

more promotions around means more fights to enjoy.

cleaning up the sport is also helping a lot, letting the real martial artists show there skill not chemically enhanced cheaters.

Just going back to 2013 it was alot funnier and the fights were even more interesting and I don't know what happened maybe the lack of legend fighters(pride, shootbox, fighters, ex-k1, goats etc etc) since they are all aging and the upcoming guys all look like cans to be fairly honest except very very few. MMA has been on the down side since late 2014 and the pool got drained
Forget 2013, 2004-2005 is where its at. I miss the days Hughes, Franklin, Liddell, Couture, Tanner ect ect. But i still like mma just miss the old days

Well, actually it's the young guys like Doo Ho Choi, Holloway, Lineker, Garbrandt, Dariush, Rodriguez, Magny etc who I prefer to watch right now. Dudes are crazy skilled and fun. We have a great crop of up-and-comers right now IMO, at least at 170 and below.

I disagree, and were coming off a great year of fights in 2015.

Conor's rise
Ronda's demise
Crazy fights from Browne vs Arlovski to Lawler vs MacDonald 2

Were only half way through the year.

Be honest, you are just crying because you lost Jon Jones, the guy you make 50 billion threads about.

I totally don't get your perspective... MMA Is as good and funny now as ever...

Did u see the Michael Bisping before and after press conferences?

Having to sit through the WMMA fights does kill it a little bit for me but there's still tons of great fights and fighters.

a) Fuck all you people dissing WMMA lol... insecure bag of dicks....

b) Go back to watching 1 event a month if you don't like it. Yes, it's more saturation, more fights, and if you don't follow nearly as close as others, you are like "who the fuck are these people". That is primarily your fault.

c) I'll take an MMA event over any NFL game, basketball game, MLB game.... so I guess your level of giving a fuck is up to you.

d) Resurgence of Lawler has been a fucking awesome story line for long time fans.... Bisping after all these years KO'ing the fuck outta Rochhold and getting a title is awesome (and I don't even like the guy), Jones being a moron is something fans have known for a while, and fucked LHW over, and HW is deadly to the point in the UFC where I'd say it's about as good as you can get..

And all people want to do is bitch.

WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

My advice to anyone that doesn't enjoy it... turn it the fuck off and watch netflix?

Be honest, you are just crying because you lost Jon Jones, the guy you make 50 billion threads about.

Jones getting suspended puts things to bed pretty much because he was the one legit left of the old breed imho

I get mad when UFC skips a week....I want an event every weekend.

That is why I watch Bellator sometimes. I need my weekly MMA fix or I get the shakes and start sweating.

Back