Don't sleep on Garbrandt

TheRuthlessOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see people bring up that he was knocked out in the amateur leagues so he has a suspect chin....... Lets not let us forget that Robbie Lawler was also knocked out at a young age and guess what he hasn't beeen knocked out since.

Cody reminds me a lot of a younger robbie lawler. Similar striking...Wide swings with a shit ton of power

Robbie%252520Lawler%252520vs%252520Tiki%252520Ghosn.gif

giphy.gif

They both have high level kicks

40ac3612a27f2837d8245770f74146e0.jpg

Fight-Night-Las-Vegas-Cody-Garbrandt-Born-A-Fighter-jp_591941_OpenGraphImage.jpg

I'm confidant in saying that Cody Garbrandt is the 135 verison of Robbie Lawler and will be champion by 2018

"and when it came it came....HARD"

If you guys wanna jump on the bandwagon this is your last chance

I'll jump on the bandwagon and act like I've been a fan the whole time and if he loses I'll trash him and or stop showing up for a while.

-Sherdog

Cody wings punches at air all day against Dillashaw and Cruz resulting in him becoming an even angrier person.

That the guy with all the neck tatts. Ok, sure but let's wait for him to get a few more quality wins.

#GUERNICAbless

Maybe after the Domin8r retires & he changes camps. TAM doesn't win championships.

So you could be right.

I will wait a couple more fights to see this fighter in him

And Lawler stopped with using the jab more because he lost his coach that he had till the rory fight. It's no wonder that he winged so many punches in the Condit fight. And he still won that shit

Why would I want to do that?...that would be gross

I will wait a couple more fights to see this fighter in him

And Lawler stopped with using the jab more because he lost his coach that he had till the rory fight. It's no wonder that he winged so many punches in the Condit fight. And he still won that shit

I noticed the same thing, he looked kinda predicatable with his striking.

lol can't wait for this pretty boy to get beat so nobody will give a shit about him.

"Reminds me of a young Robbie Lawler". Young Robbie Lawler was getting his shit pushed in all the time and he grew better through very hard earned experience. You can't compare Garbrandt to Lawler like that, Lawler is an exceptional fighter in the way he was able to turn a losing career around.

Garbrandt is still very much a prospect. I love watching his fights but I'm not high on him yet, Bantamweight is a shark tank.

"Reminds me of a young Robbie Lawler". Young Robbie Lawler was getting his shit pushed in all the time and he grew better through very hard earned experience. You can't compare Garbrandt to Lawler like that, Lawler is an exceptional fighter in the way he was able to turn a losing career around.

Garbrandt is still very much a prospect. I love watching his fights but I'm not high on him yet, Bantamweight is a shark tank.

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't go so far as saying he was getting his shit pushed in all the time. More like he couldn't put everything together and remain consistent.

I'd like to see him face Carraway. If one of them gets KO'ed, no one's loser.

Nice compare to Ruthless.
I like Cody.
I hope he will KFTO Cruz and shut his little mouth.
Team No Love.

I would never. I'd probably crush his little manlet frame.

I remember when almost everyone was betting that Almeida was going to starch him...glad Garbrandt proved all of them wrong

Dilliashaw is just better, and he couldn't catch Cruz with his t-rex arms.

"He has no top wins so no.

There is an excuse for every single one of his wins, so he's terrible.

He's overrated.

All hype."

I'm just following your guidelines on how to rate a fighter. Yeah I'm talking about that stupid "Wonderboy is overrated" thread.

Back