Eddie Alvarez wants the winner of Conor/Nate.

marwash

Booty Warrior
@Green
Reaction score
"The number one contender in my weight class has fought once in about the last three years or something. So I'm a little nervous about fighting a guy like that who barely shows up to fight. So Conor and Nate, they're the guys on my radar, one of them I'd really like to get my hands on."

"Rankings are subjective anyway. For someone to say, ‘This guy's number one,' who claims him to be number one and why is he number one? That's a question we've got to ask ourselves. It's subjective. So to say, ‘The guy is number one, he should get the title shot,' it's not necessarily so.

"Look at the case between Tony Ferguson and Khabib. Tony Ferguson is 8-0, he's been active for the last God-knows-how-what, he's been finishing opponents, been on a tear; Khabib's fought once in three years and he's number one and he decides he wants a title shot? The last guy he beat was virtually un-ranked - maybe top 100 in the world - and he's the number one guy in the world. So who says that? Who makes that up? Who appoints him number one? That being said, make the fights that make sense. Make the fights the fans want to see. Who gives a shit about the rankings?"

- Eddie Alvarez

sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. He sure as hell cared about the rankings when it was time for his title shot. Now that he has the belt he wants duck the people who actually earned it in favor a bigger check.

lame.

Thread title could have just as easily been 'Eddie wants money'.

Hell, I'd watch it. Eddie vs. either one of them would be fucking amazing.

Nate beats him. Conor could catch him.
Nate is a 155 gatekeeper at best, he's not an elite fighter. Eddie crushes both of them.

Yes, Conor lost to a gatekeeper. Don't make Nate seem better than he is because he made Conor panic wrestle.

Sounds like he is taking a page out of Bisping's title defense book.

He wants a red panty night, nothing wrong with that.

He's so full of shit.

Why not just admit that he's desperate for a money fight instead of giving this convoluted bullshit story. And all this after spending the last few weeks bitching about the "Nate/McGregor circus ruining the sport", only to now come crawling on his hands and knees to join that circus.

Conor crushes him. Nate might. His style is tailor made for both of them to beat it. Really, any competent boxer should beat Eddie.

Yeah, I think Eddie destroys both. Nate is tough enough to get into a war and pick Eddie apart, but Eddie will just wrestle fuck Nate.

If Eddie chooses to stand with Nate, I think he would lose. Eddie made it look easy against RDA and let's be honest... he would handle McGregor.

Hes right about kabob. Why should he be ranked #1 ?

Eddie deserves a red panty night.
Dude has given us some exciting fights.

Conor crushes him. Nate might. His style is tailor made for both of them to beat it. Really, any competent boxer should beat Eddie.
LoL No one crushes Eddie. He can take Conor down at will if he wanted but he most likely KO's him on the feet.

are you saying you are not gunna watch either of them fight each other? its a fun match up and you should be more pissed off by jacare not gettin a titleshot than anything else

Nate is a 155 gatekeeper at best, he's not an elite fighter. Eddie crushes both of them.

Yes, Conor lost to a gatekeeper. Don't make Nate seem better than he is because he made Conor panic wrestle.
LOL as if Nate wouldn't pick apart Eddie in a five round fight. Such a fool you are. Funny because you were in another thread shitting on Eddie.

Hes right about kabob. Why should he be ranked #1 ?

Eddie deserves a red panty night.
Dude has given us some exciting fights.

Back