Next Champions In Each Division (UFC)

KingSpider91

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just one of those kinda pointless threads to pass some time and get a consensus of people's opinions.

Who does everyone think will be the next fighter to become new champ(undisputed not interim) in each of UFCs divisions? You can give reasons if you like.

I'll give my picks.

HW: Got a feeling Overeem might come up with a game plan to avoid Miocic KO and take a decision victory at 203. Although think Cain will hold the title again within a year if he stays injury free.

LHW: Can't see past DC keeping the belt for the foreseeable, I'll saye Jon Jones will be the next new champ when/if he comes back.

MW: Who ever fights Bisping after Hendo. I'll say Jacare gets first shot and submits him.

WW: Quite unpredictable because Lawler can hang in there with anybody. I'll say Wonderboy Thompson will be next champ though, unless GSP returns before he gets a chance.

LW: Another difficult one to predict, got a feeling Nate Diaz might end up champ within the next year so I'll say him. Unless Khabib gets a shot before him.

FW: Think this will be Aldo whether he beats Mcgregor later this year or not. If he wins hes champ, if he loses I think Mcgregor will move up permanently and Jose will win vacant title.

BW: Could see Cruz having a very long reign if he's injury free coz he's so hard to hit. Will take a bit of a guess and say Lineker but it could be a while

FW: Mighty Mouse will hold this title as long as he wants to stay at flyweight. Unless a 'killer' of some sort appears from the mma wilderness.

WBW: I'll say Ronda

WSW: Similar to mens flyweight division. Reckon JJ could be champ for as long as she wants.

HW: Cain, tho Overeem might be the "next" champion
LHW: Glover... Rumble can't stay healthy, Gus looks broken, and sadly Jones is done
MW: I'll take Weidman, and I know that probably seems like a stretch... I'm worried Jacare will never get the shot
WW: Hmm... Let's go with Condit... I believe Woodley loses, I just can't see Wonderboy having the heart to take Lawler, and I think Condit beats Maia...
LW: Khabib
FW: Max Holloway... come at me
BW: TJ
FLYW: Endless Mighty Mouse
WBW: Hmm... legit not sure
WSW: JJ endless

McGregor unifiez them all with a full sweep!

king 3.jpg

belt mcgregor 3.jpg

Cain
Teixeira
Hendo
Wonderboy
McGregor
McGregor
LIneker (if I had to pick)
The person who beats DJ iz not even born yet

Women'z
Rousey
Rose (If I had to choose a new one)

Last edited:
qtt5iJh.png

Featherweight Champion in 2017.

Reem then Cain
No one, still Cormier.
Weidman but I know someone will most like get it before him. Still think he is the only one who can dominate the division.
Thompson
Ferguson or Khabib
Holloway

Overeem
Rumble
Jacare
Wonderboy
RDA
Aldo
TJ
Scoggins

Holm
Thug Rose

HW: My fav Miocic is going to defend the belt against whichever bum that thinks they have what it takes to be the baddest man on the planet. Cain, Reem, JDS and Werdum will all bow down and beg for mercy when he's done with them.

LHW: DC will not be the champ by the end of the year. If Gus and Rumble can get their shit together, they pose serious problems to anyone in the division. I expect the belt to pass many hands for the next two years.

MW: Hendo will win the title and vacate it. That's really only the foreseeable thing about the MW title picture for the rest of the year. Maybe we can see Bisping vs Souza for the belt.

WW: Lawler will be beaten; his days are numbered. Condit, Wonderboy and Maia are looming around the corner and all of them could very well take the title.

LW: the title will be passed along Khabib, RDA, Eddie and Tony.

FW: McGregor is going to beat these bums into submission for however long he wants. These featherweights just don't understand...

BW: Dominick Cruz

FLW: Mighty Mouse

Johny or Rick Story at WW
Maybe Story has an outside chance if he wins his next few fight but I don't see Hendricks cutting to 170 much more. Maybe once but I definitely don't see him getting another title shot at WW

I love these kind of polls.

HW: Reem tramples all over Stipe and takes the title but won't keep beyond his next title defence.
LHW: Sad to say but crybaby Cormier is keeping the title for awhile. Unless Rumble can make my dreams come true!
MW: Bisping beats Hendo and then get owned by hopefully Jacare.
WW: Wonderboy knocks out Lawler
LW: Conor is the champ here within a year, but may not be the NEXT champ
FW: Max Holloway, has all the tools to get it done, especially when Conor goes up a Div.
BW: Cruz gets injured and TJ wins the vacant belt.
FLW: DJ's long lost twin brother that nobody knows about.. he ain't losing that belt for awhile.

WBW: Rhonda comes back and beats Nunes for the belt.
WSW: See men's FLW Div. JJ ain't losing anytime soon.

HW: I agree with several others in this thread that Overeem wins it from Miocic then promptly loses it to Cain.
LHW: I don't see DC losing it for a long time. There's no one at LHW that poses a discernible challenge to him now that Jones is gone.
MW: I think Bisping knocks out Hendo and then things get kind of murky because there's no telling who gets the shot then. Jacare obviously deserves it but then there's Rockhold and Weidman in the wings. I think whoever fights Bisping first probably beats him although he obviously holds the best chance against Rockhold.
WW: Lawler beats Woodley and then has a competitive fight with Thompson I'd say. I really can't predict that outcome though. Won't even try.
LW: I'd say Khabib. I don't see Alvarez being able to stop him. Khabib can nullify his boxing and Alvarez can't fall back on his wall-and-stall with Khabib. Khabib wins a decision.
FW: I think McGregor probably beats Aldo again, maybe not by finish, definitely not in thirteen seconds again.. Then probably McGregor vacates it and Holloway and Edgar fight for the vacant title. Whoever wins that fights Aldo, etc etc.
BW: I think Lineker's got a shot. He's small but he hits like he's several weight classes bigger. The problem lies in whether or not he can land those bombs on an evasive guy like Cruz. I hesitate to call him elusive because we heard that enough from Rogan during the Machida Era, etc.
FLYW: Johnson until he decides to move up to 135, if ever.
WBW: I'm guessing either Holm or Pena. Depends on how the Shevchenko fight goes because I sense an upset there.
WSW: JJ until she decides to move up to 125, if ever.

HW: Overeem
LHW: Rumble ?
MW: Whoever fights Bisping after Hendo, sadly i think it will be Weidman and not Jacare
WW: Wonderboy
LW: Khabib if he can somhow stay healthy or Ferguson.
FW: Aldo
BW: No idea due to Cruz injures.

WBW: Holly
WSW: If JJ vacants her belt to go to 125, then i think Gadhela will take SW belt.

I think Stipe might break the record in HW division. I laugh how people are still uderrating Stipe....they really dont get that Stipe is in right spot in right time. There are only 2 HWs who present some threat. First is Overeem, he only has a knockout chance and second one, with biggest chances, is JDS...thats it...Stipe murders everyone else in division today.

HW: Reem
LHW: Rumble/Glover A toss up for me
MW: Bisping gets crushed after defending against Hendo to Jacare
WW: I feel RL remains a while longer, but if I had to say a new one, Wonderboy
LW: Ferg.
FW: Aldo (Again)
BW: Cody or Caraway have the best chance IMO
FLW: Mighty mouse reigns.
WBW: Miesha Tate takes it back
WSW: JJ hold her throne as long as she wants.

I guess I didn't really abide by the "Next" thing. As a few of these arn't one fight away. But, I do feel these are the coming/Reigning champs in these divisions.

HW - Overeem
LWH - Rumble or Glover
MW - Jacare or Rocksalt
WW - Wonderboy or Nick Diaz
LW - Nate Diaz
FW - Aldo or Holloway
BW - Lineker or Jimmie Rivera
FW - depends when MM retires
WBW - whoever gets next title show - the merry go round continues
WSW - Pat Berrys fiancee Rose N

HW: Probably Reem
LHW: Rumble
MW: Weidman
FW: Aldo after Conor vacates
BW: Cody ...
FLW: I don't see MM losing soon.
WBW: Tate if Ronda doesn't come back.
WSW: Thug Rose

HW: Overeem then Cain
LHW: Rumble
MW: Rockhold early 2017
WW: Conor
LW: Conor
FW: Holloway beats Aldo after Conor leaves
BW: Garbrandt
FlW: Scoggins
WBW: Rousey
SW: Andrade

HW: I hope Reem
LHW: I hope Rumble
MW: Toss up between the top 4
FW: Aldo
BW: Cruz, Cody has no chance
FLW: MM, but honestly who cares?
WBW: Whoever, doesn't matter
WSW: Whoever, doesn't matter

HW: IDK
LHW: Glover
MW: Hendo
WW: Thompson
LW: Brooks
FW: Holloway
BW: Dillashaw
FlyW: IDK
WBW: Pena
WSW: Namajunas

Just one of those kinda pointless threads to pass some time and get a consensus of people's opinions.

Who does everyone think will be the next fighter to become new champ(undisputed not interim) in each of UFCs divisions? You can give reasons if you like.

I'll give my picks.

HW: Got a feeling Overeem might come up with a game plan to avoid Miocic KO and take a decision victory at 203. Although think Cain will hold the title again within a year if he stays injury free.

LHW: Can't see past DC keeping the belt for the foreseeable, I'll saye Jon Jones will be the next new champ when/if he comes back.

MW: Who ever fights Bisping after Hendo. I'll say Jacare gets first shot and submits him.

WW: Quite unpredictable because Lawler can hang in there with anybody. I'll say Wonderboy Thompson will be next champ though, unless GSP returns before he gets a chance.

LW: Another difficult one to predict, got a feeling Nate Diaz might end up champ within the next year so I'll say him. Unless Khabib gets a shot before him.

FW: Think this will be Aldo whether he beats Mcgregor later this year or not. If he wins hes champ, if he loses I think Mcgregor will move up permanently and Jose will win vacant title.

BW: Could see Cruz having a very long reign if he's injury free coz he's so hard to hit. Will take a bit of a guess and say Lineker but it could be a while

FW: Mighty Mouse will hold this title as long as he wants to stay at flyweight. Unless a 'killer' of some sort appears from the mma wilderness.

WBW: I'll say Ronda

WSW: Similar to mens flyweight division. Reckon JJ could be champ for as long as she wants.

Wish Ronda would be the next champ, but I think Nunes catches her coming in... Idk man.. :-/

Back