Juicing deserves TWICE the current suspension time.

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If that was effective ASAP, you'd best believe it would serve an at least somewhat notable deterrent for cheating.

The risk vs the reward would become too great for some people...and THAT is precisely what's needed right now.

From a CLEAN fighter perspective, USADA is one of THE BEST THINGS about the UFC...

...and fans should side with the relatively few CLEAN fighters as opposed to the CHEATERS who are probably in the majority.

Where is the precident for that? Look at the other major orgs.

IMHO the suspension should be halved for a first time offender. Two years is a very long time and not many other sports are anywhere close with tennis being the only one I can think of. With so many substances on the banned list, it is way too easy to test positive. Other sports also don't deal with the same frequency of testing.

relatively few clean fighters?

You mean everyone except Brock and Jones who isn't Brazillian?

Diaz bros might be the only 2 fighters left on the entire roster. lol

4 years? That's a long time for anything. 4 years without fighting and earning your living. That's the equivalent of their kids just starting highschool at that time and would graduate before their suspension had been lifted.

Steroids has made some good TV in all sports so people need to stop complaining I am tired of hearing it. I think steroids should stay and USADA take a fucking hike myself. People find out about something and they become judge and jury but have been watching athletes on steroids since steroids was available way long time ago. Just makes me want to throw up its either his performance sucked or he was on steroids fuck him I mean god damn. They sign that contract knowing all this if Mark Hunt has such a problem with the shit he needs to stop signing to fight guys he thinks is on them. His statements before the fight was " I been fighting cheaters my whole career it's no big deal or something to that effect", " Brock is juiced to the gills", etc but still fought him and he tested positive and now Mark wants capital punishment. Just wonder what shit show is next.

Two years is a completely fair suspension in my opinion.

Less than that and you don't have a strong deterrent, more than that and guys will jump ship to fight overseas - the UFC can't be in perpetual litigation over a dozen fighters who were levied 4 year suspensions effectively saying 'you cannot retire me'

Diaz bros might be the only 2 fighters left on the entire roster. lol

The part where it alternates between Lesnar dancing with a sombrero on and McGregor saying "Not me!" is absolutely legendary

That's just plain dumb. In two years they've fallen way down the pecking order and don't carry any momentum unless they carry a legendary status by which time their legendary status is diminished as they've pissed hot anyways.

Dumb dumb dumb. What I'd like to see is fighters being able to buy supplements or fucking whatever straight from usada at the normal rates and have everything done direct through them. So then they only have themselves to blame or fighters were milking the system.

Too many variables and cliams of tainted supplements going on.

WADA testing doesn't belong in the UFC, save it for foreign pro sports leagues. No other American professional sport is dumb enough to run with this crap.

That's just plain dumb. In two years they've fallen way down the pecking order and don't carry any momentum unless they carry a legendary status by which time their legendary status is diminished as they've pissed hot anyways.

Dumb dumb dumb. What I'd like to see is fighters being able to buy supplements or fucking whatever straight from usada at the normal rates and have everything done direct through them. So then they only have themselves to blame or fighters were milking the system.

Too many variables and cliams of tainted supplements going on.

There is no basis for your argument though - Romero, Means and Penn all had fair due process and a completely sane, thoughtful result - 6 months. This proves the program works and makes space for demonstrable mishaps.

The guys getting handed two year bans were caught dead-to-rights with no mitigating factors. Tibau on EPO and Mir with a black market anabolic, Brock and Jones on estrogen blockers.

There really isn't any mystery here.

2 years is huge for fighters. Some fighters can make a decent living off of just one fight, if they live frugally the whole year. But incorporating gym, coach, travel fees and the fact that they get mad Reebok money, they're scraping at the bottom of the barrel to live.

I'd say 3 fights a year would be the minimum to eek out a decent living. Unless they were making Anderson, Conor money and saved well, no way can they withstand 2 years on the shelf financially without picking up a side job.

The part where it alternates between Lesnar dancing with a sombrero on and McGregor saying "Not me!" is absolutely legendary

Nate trolling Conor there was epic. He stayed perfectly calm while Conor completely unhinged himself and flew into a roid rage. Neck veins popping out, voice cracklin n shit.

WADA testing doesn't belong in the UFC, save it for foreign pro sports leagues. No other American professional sport is dumb enough to run with this crap.

One on one.

Fighting.

Putting ones life on the fucking line.

FIGHTING.

Clean fighters should NOT have to deal with JUICED cheaters like Jones...like Lesnar...etc.

There is no basis for your argument though - Romero, Means and Penn all had fair due process and a completely sane, thoughtful result - 6 months. This proves the program works and makes space for demonstrable mishaps.

The guys getting handed two year bans were caught dead-to-rights with no mitigating factors. Tibau on EPO and Mir with a black market anabolic, Brock and Jones on estrogen blockers.

There really isn't any mystery here.
My thinking is that instead of reading through a banned substance list and perhaps not being thorough you could only get supplied via their own dealer or whatever eliminating the possible chance of a tainted supplement or using something that was on the banned list.

I'm not sure if frank Mir is a good example to use there though. As there were also unexplained variables in his test?

One on one.

Fighting.

Putting ones life on the fucking line.

FIGHTING.

Clean fighters should NOT have to deal with JUICED cheaters like Jones...like Lesnar...etc.
Show me these clean fighters and we can have a discussion. Nate Diaz was right ya know.

Show me these clean fighters and we can have a discussion. Nate Diaz was right ya know.

So jaded you are.

FYI, PED's are NOT a prerequisite to participating in combat sports.

If person X gets mad that their fav fighter popped......then maybe person X should find a new fav fighter.

FUCK CHEATERS.

Screw that. They should be banned from MMA, thrown in jail with no chance or parole or possibly the death penalty.

Why are you so lenient? Nothing but death would suffice for using some DHEA.

Back