Dumbest phrases/sayings pertaining to MMA/Boxing?

george14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think the one that bothers me the most is "PEDs don't you make a better fighter".....

Well no shit. However, these guys already have the requisite ability to fight considering they train. People act like John Doe gained a BB in BJJ strictly because of roids. It's not like some dude who was an accountant, took steroids, and all of a sudden became a great baseball player. It's after the fact they have played their whole life and the PEDs add strength/stamina/etc. to their natural and trained ability.

So Sherdoggers, any good ones?

Honorable mention: "He overtrained."

If you want him out of the house, beat him off. ~ Dana Kenflo White

"Sometimes these things happen in MMA."

"I just got caught"

2r4ho2e1.gif

"To be the champ, you've got to beat the champ"

as if the rules are somehow different in a championship fight.

No, score the rounds the same way we do in all fights, and whoever edges it out, edges it out. No special treatment of champions.

a classic. this is just the first in the series "the quotes". i suggest you look for the others too. they are great.

No, score the rounds the same way we do in all fights, and whoever edges it out, edges it out. No special treatment of champions.
Came here to post this

I know it makes sense but I hate punchers chance...pretty much always leads to a strong UD

You aren't a real champion unless you defend your title. Thanks Matt.

Travis lutter is the Kobe Bryant of jui jitsu ....BC Goldie was right when he made the first comparison. 1024px-Jumpman_logo.svg.png

"Close rounds go to the champion"

I know what you are trying to say, but that CAN'T be the quote you are looking for, can it?

That quote is true in every possible sense.

You DO have to beat the champ in order to be the champ. So...

Never leave it in the hands of the judges.

If you want MMA to be a real sport that can be taken seriously (lol) better make sure to have a judging system that doesn't make every fight that doesn't end with a finish a coin flip. The rules don't say that a UD is any less of a win or possibility to win than a KO or sub.
Yet the president of the biggest promotion acts as if it was 50% the fighters' fault if there's shitty scoring.
Fighters have a right to win via scoreboards, it's a legit way to win an MMA fight defined by the unified rules.

"He's in his head!!"

99% of the time this is utter BS being squealed by exciteable gullible teenage fanboy turds.

"You are not the champ until you defend the belt"

...as if beating the old champion and gaining a belt does not make you the champ...

Back