Ironically, the biggest winners from USADA are the elite "cheaters"

AndrewGolota48

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If a fighter has always been clean, which I believe is a rarity, he'd be at a huge disadvantage and USADA benefits him/her greatly as he may now get to a least fight some other clean fighters, but will sometimes still face a fighter who is on PEDs (huge disadvatnage).

If a fighter is a run of the mill PED user who doesn't have a sophisticated approach (expert counseling, high end PED selection), he may now gain an advantage here and there by using PEDs but now having a clean opponent (which is more likely now due to USADA), but will likely be caught in the not so distant future by USADA and suffer huge penalties (this groups suffers the most from USADA).

So we can already start to see that there was actually more of an even playing field before (most fights were PED vs PED, now we may see more PED vs clean).

That's where the last group comes in, the elite users. They are unlikely to be caught in the near future, in fact it may take many years before they test positive, after making huge sums of money and amassing title belts. This group used to have to face other PED users, but as time goes on, they will have the pleasure of fighting more and more clean, disadvantaged fighters. Their worst case scenario now is to face another PED user on equal ground with them. This is the group that USADA helps the most.

giphy.gif

Because Lesnar wasn't an "elite user"?

Jones is the most elite cheater of them all and he got caught so...

It's possible. Athletes who competed at the Olympics and/or a sport like cycling are already used to that sort of drug testing and I don't think many think that the Olympics are clean

I would think jones , lesnar , and even Anderson would have been positioned to have elite user status... If not them, then who in mma?

Edit: treat that as a rhetorical question... Answer at your own banhammer risk

I agree. Anyone that thinks USADA is going to catch everything is naive.

Because Lesnar wasn't an "elite user"?

He is but he also had less to lose this time, as it was a one off fight. Just look at that fact that he came into this fight way more lean and jacked in the USADA era than he did back in his original UFC run with lower level testing. He threw caution to the wind this fight.

Yeh, they caught Jones and Lesnar who have pretty much unlimited resources, and then retired Ronda who was a former olympian with unlimited resources.

three of the biggest names in the sport are no longer.. go figure.

It's possible. Athletes who competed at the Olympics and/or a sport like cycling are already used to that sort of drug testing and I don't think many think that the Olympics are clean

you know the entire russian olympic team is banned from Rio, right?

Yeh, they caught Jones and Lesnar who have pretty much unlimited resources, and then retired Ronda who was a former olympian with unlimited resources.

three of the biggest names in the sport are no longer.. go figure.

Dimspace, you think Ronda has been out due to fears of drug testing? I haven't heard that concern before. Very interesting (no sarcasm)

Sure looks like USADA is catching everyone to me. Fighters be dropping like flies.

you know the entire russian olympic team is banned from Rio, right?

And? It's also because they couldn't be sure to catch everyone so they banned everyone as precaution if anything it shows how beatable even Olympic drug testing is.
I also dont think you believe Olympic weightlifters are clean, or track and field athletes especially the Jamaican team (out of the top 10 sprinters I think about half or more failed at some point a drug test and with gay and Gatlin the #2 and #3 fastest sprinters of all time), the cyclists or many other athletes.

Olympic testing is beatable and so is USADA testing it is just not something athletes outside of the Oylmpics had to deal with up until now

They also just now retest a ton of athletes from beijing positive so safe to assume that the same thing will happen with every Olympics and that it will take a few years and even then some will have beaten the drug test

Back