If Conor Beats Nate Will There Be A Trilogy?

Ridian

Lifelong Combat Sports Fan
@purple
Reaction score
What if Conor beats Nate, do you rhink they would have a third fight?

It might not make any sense weight division wise but fan wise and for the money and fued it sure does. People love trilogies.

Doubt it.

The rivalry would be seen as a victory for Conor, who'll go back to FW to defend his title a couple of times before challenging for 155 lb. belt again.

Doubt it. Conor and Dana will end that rivalry on a high note and not allow Conor to potentially get slapped again in a rubber match. He will go back to fighting midgets where he belongs.

Doubt it. Conor and Dana will end that rivalry on a high note and not allow Conor to potentially get slapped again in a rubber match. He will go back to fighting midgets where he belongs.

I think there will be a third fight eventually, unless Conor sticks to his word and retires very young.

He should retire after the Nate fight. Not because I don't like the guy, but why risk brain damage if you got millions in the bank. Go enjoy your life.

I think definitely. Fans will ask for it because fights ended due to cuts are bullshit and that's pretty much the only way Conor wins.

giphy.gif

If Conor wins then he should defend his FW belt before taking on the LW division and then maybe Conor can set up a trilogy with championship implications to it which would rake in so much money it would be a long time before that event will be surpassed I think.

Nope...Zuffa will rebuild him as a powerhouse again and it was a fluke win for Nate the first time. The will push for the LW belt & WW belt...they will deem it as a minor setback to the status quo and would stay away from Nate....

Even if Nate loses by controversial decision, I don't see a 3rd happening. Maybe if McG is at the end of his career (like Dan Henderson) and the UFC is trying to squeeze out every last drop of blood in him.

No.

maybe if it makes sense years from now but Conor got other shit to do

Even if Nate loses by controversial decision, I don't see a 3rd happening. Maybe if McG is at the end of his career (like Dan Henderson) and the UFC is trying to squeeze out every last drop of blood in him.

That I can see. The 40 year old version of 202 after a loooong road of bumps for both guys.

yeah probably after Conor rematches Aldo

I think that's what Conor said recently. Something like, he'll beat Nate, go back down and rematch/beat Aldo, and then they'll do the trilogy fight with Nate. It's crazy to think that he had so much momentum with all of these wins via stoppage (except Max), culminating in the 13 second Aldo KO for the belt, and then loses to Nate-- which, if things go according to what Conor says, will mean that when all is said and done, his last 5 fights will be: Aldo, Nate, Nate, Aldo, Nate. I get the "hunger/desire for redemption" stuff, but I can't help but feel like if this plays out, he's tying himself up for a couple years with just Aldo and Nate. Then again, he could fight an unranked guy and still sell out the place, so maybe he doesn't care about the opponent, so long as the payoff is still "super heavyweight."

- Ken Flo

Back