Fighting Robbie Lawler and your brand

yookfarb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
"I'm literally flying here [to Sacramento], I'm on the plane, I'm wheels up, and I get a text from Hector Lombard that says, ‘please get this Woodley fight done for me, I want this fight so bad, he's a two-faced phony and I want to beat his ass.' Literally what he said to me. So I called Woodley when I landed, and said, obviously this isn't a teammate thing, here's what your teammate said, and he wants this fight bad. And he said he can say whatever he wants, he's about him and he's always about him, this fight doesn't work for me and my brand. He started telling me all these reasons why he doesn't want this fight. I said, whatever kid. Do your thing. But he wants nothing to do with Hector."

Woodley is the most blessed fighter in MMA, best nickname in sports. Getting a title shot because you were nice to taco bell Kelvin, complete Hendricks breakdown, and divine intervention against Condit. Despite opting not to fight for the past year he gets title shot tho cause he took care of his brand. I understand but its fucked up.

The JBG have a funny way of giving sinners exactly what they wish for cause goddamn fighting Robbie Lawler might be one of the worst things you can do for your brand. UFC 201: Judgement day

rest in pieces Rory's nose
rory-macdonald-robbie-lawler-ufc-189-hospital.jpg

aged Hendricks by 2 decades
GSP-v-Hendricks.jpg

Robbie%2BLawler%2BStares%2BDown%2BJohny%2BHendricks%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

kelvin-gastelum-johny-hendricks-ufc-200.jpg

shattered confidence

sent to his deathbed
robbie-trigg.gif

Robbie Lawler: The patron Saint of the "Just Bleed" Gods!

RR6i20X.png

Woodley is the most blessed fighter in MMA, best nickname in sports. Getting a title shot because you were nice to taco bell Kelvin, complete Hendricks breakdown, and divine intervention against Condit. Despite opting not to fight for the past year he gets title shot tho cause he took care of his brand. I understand but its fucked up.

The JBG have a funny way of giving sinners exactly what they wish for cause goddamn fighting Robbie Lawler might be one of the worst things you can do for your brand. UFC 201: Judgement day

rest in pieces Rory's nose
rory-macdonald-robbie-lawler-ufc-189-hospital.jpg

aged Hendricks by 2 decades
GSP-v-Hendricks.jpg

Robbie%2BLawler%2BStares%2BDown%2BJohny%2BHendricks%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

kelvin-gastelum-johny-hendricks-ufc-200.jpg

shattered confidence

sent to his deathbed
robbie-trigg.gif

OMG that last GIF against Trigg really makes the man RUTHLESS.. Imagine if Connor ever got in the cage with him.. Murder ..

Yeah suck it woodley...I mean Hendricks...I mean lawle.....wait what are you talking about?

Ok, I thought I was the only one confused. Who is I? Who is writing this?

I took the following points from the garble that TS wrote;

1. Woodley protected his brand by ducking Lombard.
2. He further protected his brand by sitting out until he got a title shot.
3. Fighting Lawler is a sure fire way to never be the same again afterwards and therefore ruins your brand.
4. TS isn't very good at thread starting.

On a different note, I like Lawler, but that very very late hit on a guy obviously out/done is kind of a d*** move. Was there a backstory? I know Trigg is a d*** also so perhaps there was akin to Henderson laying one more on Bisping, well for being Bisping.

Robbie 2.0 is a brand destroyer, they are never the same after

Take a moment to remember Twinkle Toes.

Athletes talking about their "brand" makes me wanna vomit

Back