Disturbing thread I'm seeing with forum regarding champs legitimacy

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Let's take two of our newest champions, Bisping and Alvarez.

Instead of cutting them due credit, they are called the weakest of champions improbable of long reign. Now these two examples put on tremendous performances, knocking the shit out of the absolute best in their division under 5 minutes. Some say you are as good as your last fight, others say...

Alvarez had a terrible first 3 ufc fights - I wouldn't call it sandbagging, but maybe selfish game planning. DC had his number, next two fights were snoozers, but for RDA he turned everything up. Many people forget he had a very rounded and prolific career outside UFC

Bisping was never great - Based off his last two fights, I don't see how anyone can take away from Bisping. I feel few of his fights he's been dominated, several he's been rocked, but this is a culmination of smarts and experience. There's the whole PED opposition, but that's a whole can of worms. I get he's annoying, I get it's hilarious watching Brian Stann rock him, but let's be honest about Bisping in 2016.

And the whole p4p debate, total nonsense of different weights and never fights. Yeah let's get Lawler in there with Miocic, have fun with that one you goofs

Bisping is king of the deepest MW division of all time. Let that sink in haters.

It might have something to do with the fact that Bisping in already ducking opponents. And anyone with a brain is aware that he won a fight that he loses 9/10 times.

I haven't seen anyone shit on Alvarez,tbh.

It's not a "disturbing trend", we're on here to discuss fights, not just kiss the current champs' asses.

It might have something to do with the fact that Bisping in already ducking opponents. And anyone with a brain is aware that he won a fight that he loses 9/10 times.

I haven't seen anyone shit on Alvarez,tbh.

What's your definition of ducking? I mean he just won the belt kinda, and he's going to fight a guy that knocked him out silly. And he certainly can't fight everybody in one night? Give the guy a break, he just won that shit . Now if he lets say beats Henderson, then he fights Gegard or a fat BJ Penn then yes say he's ducking. Cmonnnn mannnnn

A. Would you want revenge on someone who Ktfo'ed you?
B. Would you like to make a shit load of money for a high selling rematch against one of the most popular fighters?

If Michael beats Hendo, he will have to fight other challengers sooner or later

Alvarez has a legit shot at holding on to the belt, Bisping doesn't. Not trying to take anything away from Bisping, but with Jacare, Romero, Rockhold, Weidman, and even Kennedy who kicked his ass, he's not holding on to that belt for too long. Nothing against him, but that division is pretty stacked right now.

I think you're right.

I am also deeply disturbed. Probably going to lose sleep tonight.

Thank you.

What's your definition of ducking? I mean he just won the belt kinda, and he's going to fight a guy that knocked him out silly. And he certainly can't fight everybody in one night? Give the guy a break, he just won that shit . Now if he lets say beats Henderson, then he fights Gegard or a fat BJ Penn then yes say he's ducking. Cmonnnn mannnnn

What do you mean give him a break, why does he gets a break and an easy opponent for his first defense,is this in his contract? He is a champion and needs to defend against #1 contented or at least someone in the top 5.
The fact that Hendo knocked him out 7 years ago,doesn't make it a good fight now. Last year Bisping said he doesnt want to rematch Hendo because he is old and not dangerous anymore. Mike himself said that.

All the good guys got old at MW, and Bisping still stayed in there, so even if it is the weakest the MW division has ever been, today, right now Bisping is no 1. And from what we saw in his last fights, he will probably reign for a long time.

Alvarez was always ranked in the top 3-5, so no surprise there.

What do you mean give him a break, why does he gets a break and an easy opponent for his first defense,is this in his contract? He is a champion and needs to defend against #1 contented or at least someone in the top 5.
The fact that Hendo knocked him out 7 years ago,doesn't make it a good fight now. Last year Bisping said he doesnt want to rematch Hendo because he is old and not dangerous anymore. Mike himself said that.

Yup, Left Hook Larry needs to be defending against Jacare instead of old man Hendo, even Whittaker deserves it more than Hendo.

Bisping is king of the deepest MW division of all time. Let that sink in haters.
OK, I will try and say this diplomatically. You should know Wil that I am a very serious fan of your posts and often enjoy your witty retorts and considering your well thought out points. But I feel that I need to respond to this. Here goes....

I feel that Bisping is somewhat the product of the MMA 'x-factor'. What I mean is that since there are many dimensions to this sport, so many ways to win and lose, that The Count (along with others like Serra, Carlos Newton, Gonzaga) simply needed to be good enough to be in the right place at the right time, and then siezed their opportunities.

Now maybe that sounds demeaning. It isn't mean to be. All the fighters mentioned above needed to be seriously good to get into the position to contend for a title. And Bisping was better than Serra and Gonzaga - far more consistent and well rounded, at the least. But the fact that Bisping found himself facing Rockhold was as much a product of fortunate happenstance as it was skill.

For me that is one of the best things about MMA - the best fighter does not always win, sometimes it's the best guy on the night, or the guy best prepared to take advantage of another guys' mistake.

Bisping is very good, please do not misunderstand me. He's a quality fighter and did a great job to to get to where he was when standing across the cage from Rockhold. But I do not think - even though he has the belt - that he is the best 185lb fighter in the UFC today. And I don't hate that at all. That kind of 'holy crap!' unexpected event seems to occur more often in MMA than anywhere else and I love the sport for that.

Yup, Left Hook Larry needs to be defending against Jacare instead of old man Hendo, even Whittaker deserves it more than Hendo.

He has the chance to fight Hendo now. If he wins, he will get to fight the other guys. It is one fight buddy, and that should be ok, no?

Bisping explained on UFC Tonight why he wants the matchup:

“The easy fight from the guy that knocked me out in 2009, which is the most memorable knockout in UFC history,” Bisping said when asked by a fan why he accepted an ‘easy’ fight with ‘old’ Henderson. “The knockout of which is still emblazoned on Dan Henderson’s shorts and banners and everything. And every time I go on Twitter and someone wants to talk trash, they send an image of me led unconscious.”

“Why would I want to avenge the most devastating knockout in UFC history? I just don’t know why I would do that”, a sarcastic Bisping said. “Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, Jacare – they’re going nowhere. Dan Henderson is on the verge of retiring; he said one more fight. So, Dan Henderson, put your big boy pants on, fly over to Manchester and I’ll see you in the Octagon my friend.”

so disturbing

200w.gif

OK, I will try and say this diplomatically. You should know Wil that I am a very serious fan of your posts and often enjoy your witty retorts and considering your well thought out points. But I feel that I need to respond to this. Here goes....

I feel that Bisping is somewhat the product of the MMA 'x-factor'. What I mean is that since there are many dimensions to this sport, so many ways to win and lose, that The Count (along with others like Serra, Carlos Newton, Gonzaga) simply needed to be good enough to be in the right place at the right time, and then siezed their opportunities.

Now maybe that sounds demeaning. It isn't mean to be. All the fighters mentioned above needed to be seriously good to get into the position to contend for a title. And Bisping was better than Serra and Gonzaga - far more consistent and well rounded, at the least. But the fact that Bisping found himself facing Rockhold was as much a product of fortunate happenstance as it was skill.

For me that is one of the best things about MMA - the best fighter does not always win, sometimes it's the best guy on the night, or the guy best prepared to take advantage of another guys' mistake.

Bisping is very good, please do not misunderstand me. He's a quality fighter and did a great job to to get to where he was when standing across the cage from Rockhold. But I do not think - even though he has the belt - that he is the best 185lb fighter in the UFC today. And I don't hate that at all. That kind of 'holy crap!' unexpected event seems to occur more often in MMA than anywhere else and I love the sport for that.

Thoughtful stuff brother, I agree mostly. This is a place of free thought and discussion. I feel some are negative towards the fighters instead of recognizing their awesome previous fights, but time will tell if they can defend. That's why we are fans of the sport

Let's take two of our newest champions, Bisping and Alvarez.

Instead of cutting them due credit, they are called the weakest of champions improbable of long reign. Now these two examples put on tremendous performances, knocking the shit out of the absolute best in their division under 5 minutes. Some say you are as good as your last fight, others say...

Alvarez had a terrible first 3 ufc fights - I wouldn't call it sandbagging, but maybe selfish game planning. DC had his number, next two fights were snoozers, but for RDA he turned everything up. Many people forget he had a very rounded and prolific career outside UFC

Bisping was never great - Based off his last two fights, I don't see how anyone can take away from Bisping. I feel few of his fights he's been dominated, several he's been rocked, but this is a culmination of smarts and experience. There's the whole PED opposition, but that's a whole can of worms. I get he's annoying, I get it's hilarious watching Brian Stann rock him, but let's be honest about Bisping in 2016.

And the whole p4p debate, total nonsense of different weights and never fights. Yeah let's get Lawler in there with Miocic, have fun with that one you goofs
Brian Stann rocked him? I've not seen anyone mention that fight since the fight, but Bisping dominated anyway even if he got rocked (which I definitely don't remember happening)

regarding his status as champ, he is a legit champ, but I also agree his chances of beating Rockhold again, or Jacare, Romero or Weidman are slim, very slim, even considering he KO'd Rockhold.

and DC is Daniel Cormier. Donald Cerrone is Cowboy .. or Cerrone :)

ps: while we're talking about champions, I don't recognise Robbie Lawler as the WW champ. Lost to Hendricks twice, then lost to Condit.

Back