UFC signs two new fighters (LHW and HW)

The_Renaissance

Sherdog Bunceweight Champion
@Titanium
Reaction score
I read on the MMAJUNKIE forum, that the UFC have signed two new fighters (poster seemed to know what he was talking about and no reason to lie, seen as though they're not high profile fighters)....

Heavyweight Chase Sherman (10-1), who recently beat Jack May due to TKO (injury). Sherman's record hides the fact he hasn't fought a high level of competition. He's a decently sized heavy, around 6ft 4in or so and about 240lbs I think, but he's gonna be thrown in the deep end. Still, always good to see new HWs signed.

And light-heavyweight, Justin Ledet (6-0). Ledet has been on my radar for a while, he's a big 205 at 6ft 4in (his last 1-2 fights have actually been at heavy, but I hope he drops that and fights at 205lbs now he's made it to the big stage), and pretty young. Good hands, decent ground game. I think he could do well.

Good to see them bringing in depth to the two most lacking divisions at the moment. Ledet might be a decent prospect.

Chase Sherman's nickname is The Vanilla Gorilla instead of The Shermanator. I'm disappointed.

"Good hands", by MMA standards that probably means he can throw a sloppy 1-2 and wing some overhands.

Good, Zuffa needs more new talent and needs to get younger in those divisions. We'll see what happens.

Signing new heavier fighters is good.
But UFC should sign real prospects like Goltsov, Pavlovich, Aliakbari and Mokhnatkin first.

Signing new heavier fighters is good.
But UFC should sign real prospects like Goltsov, Pavlovich, Aliakbari and Mokhnatkin first.

IMO, Sergey and Amir will be served well gaining more experience fighting outside the UFC.
Sergey is only 23/24 and has 8 fights, I would like him to get 2 more under his belt before signing with the UFC. Come in at 10-0, hopefully having gone passed the first round a couple more times.
Amir has only 2 fights and his level of competition has been terrible so far, he at least needs a few tests before signing.

Goltsov should sign with the UFC tomorrow though, great suggestion. I've seen very very little of Mokhnatkin, so I don't feel comfortable deciding if he is UFC level yet.

"Good hands", by MMA standards that probably means he can throw a sloppy 1-2 and wing some overhands.

I'm not certain but I think Ledet is a pro boxer. Not that it means much, I guess, but I suspect his hands are better than average.

Looks like they will fight each other at Salt Lake City card.

Good to see them signing some new prospects.

I just hope they sign Minakov though.

Good. they could do with all the HW's and LHW's they can get.

Hopefully new fighters make waves, the heavies are still waters right now

Good to see them signing some new prospects.

I just hope they sign Minakov though.
Same. He definitely belongs in the UFC he still isn't 32 and they need HWs. I'd venture to guess he's the best HW outside the UFC right now not sure why they're yet to sign him.

Good to see them bringing in depth to the two most lacking divisions at the moment. Ledet might be a decent prospect.

Chase Sherman's nickname is The Vanilla Gorilla instead of The Shermanator. I'm disappointed.
I'm an android cyborg love machine sent back in time. And you've been targeted for Shermanation

I'm an android cyborg love machine sent back in time. And you've been targeted for Shermanation

sherman-1-e14626262928801.jpg

I'll go with Sherman in that fight. Ledet is a good boxer, but he's going to be undersized for heavyweight.

Sherman can probably make 205 too, but he's more of a natural athletic talent, and everything he does reflects that.

Back