When DC Beats Jones the Year of Upsets will be Complete.

BennyOcean

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It's almost guaranteed to happen now. The tide has turned. Underdogs are overdogs. Holm, Diaz, Bisping. DC is next.

Long live the underdogs.

I'm interested on how DC is going to counter Jones attacks to the body. Those knees from last fight drained him in the later rounds.

DC has beaten Gus and Rumble since Jones had his "Accident"

He is more then legit right now

Wouldn't be close to bisping vs rockhold

Cormier is one of the few savages that can compete at heavyweight and light heavyweight. He only has one loss on his record. He can avenge it now. If he wins it will not be an upset in my book.

Why do you idiots call competitive fights an upset even though the fighters are matched well?.

Cormier is one of the few savages that can compete at heavyweight and light heavyweight. He only has one loss on his record. He can avenge it now. If he wins it will not be an upset in my book.
Yeah, he's basically proven he deserves to be considered championship Caliber. He's just in a really weird position of having the 205lb belt without having beaten Jones. So this coming fight is really going to make or break how Cormier's title run will be perceived over time.

big john is the referee, that means jones is allowed to eye poke all day and nothing will be done about it.

to anyone that thinks I'm making shit up, go watch the Manhoef vs Carvalho fight.

Jones is better than Cormier in all aspects of the game plus he is bigger and younger...Jones will hold the gold for a long time and he will be the undisputed GOAT in a few years...

Yeah, he's basically proven he deserves to be considered championship Caliber. He's just in a really weird position of having the 205lb belt without having beaten Jones. So this coming fight is really going to make or break how Cormier's title run will be perceived over time.
Even if Jones wins, I think Rumble has a good chance to take him out, and that would throw the entire order of things into chaos.

big john is the referee, that means jones is allowed to eye poke all day and nothing will be done about it.

to anyone that thinks I'm making shit up, go watch the Manhoef vs Carvalho fight.
Yet he's complaining about the ref. Go figure..

nope. And I love DC as a fighter. I hope I'm wrong :(.

Why do you idiots call competitive fights an upset even though the fighters are matched well?.
Check the Vegas fight odds. I haven't seen them today but I'd be willing to bet a dollar that Jones is strongly favored.

Jones is better than Cormier in all aspects of the game plus he is bigger and younger...Jones will hold the gold for a long time and he will be the undisputed GOAT in a few years...
THAT is why we call it an upset. Most people expect Jones to win. That's all it takes to define an upset.

The eye pokes really do bug the shit out of me. I've posted and even made a thread about this (I think). In my opinion there should be no pity given to eye-pokers. One poke, one point deduction. Two pokes, another point deducted. Third poke, DQ.

Even if Jones wins, I think Rumble has a good chance to take him out, and that would throw the entire order of things into chaos.
I'm not so convinced, but if anyone has the force in their shots to actually really hurt jones, it's definitely rumble. Just not sure he can put enough damage on him before he starts to get spider webbed up in the clinch, and on the ground before his cardio starts to fall behind Jones.

Edit: Also, that being said. I think a fight with Rumble would give us some hints as to how John would handle certain aspects of hw. And that to me is I think Rumble does indeed possess Heavyweight level punching power. Not like The absolute heaviest of hw hitters, but definitely in the HW range.

Last edited:
It's almost guaranteed to happen now. The tide has turned. Underdogs are overdogs. Holm, Diaz, Bisping. DC is next.

Long live the underdogs.
DC has no way of beating Jones. Jones will control him, he will outstrike him and then he will put him away. Jones will finish this fight but DC has no way to finish Jones and no way to out last him so your guarantee is futile.

The year of upset will be complete when DJ lost his title

DC has no way of beating Jones. Jones will control him, he will outstrike him and then he will put him away. Jones will finish this fight but DC has no way to finish Jones and no way to out last him so your guarantee is futile.
The Borg once said that to the lowly humans... but their resistance turned out not to be futile after all.

Pulling for DC.

Jones by reach and more diversified 8 limb attack.

Back