Joanna Jędrzejczyk confirms she is going to 125, plans to become a 2 division champ

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/joanna-jedrzejczyk-moving-up-to-125-division-after-ufc-200/

JoannaJedrzejczyk-640x360.jpg

“I respect her as a fighter, as my opponent,” Jedrzejczyk said. “I said after our first fight that Claudia was still the No. 1 for me cause at that time, I knew I was going to become the champ very soon.

According to Jedrzejczak, this will be her last fight with Gadelha, whom she fought before.

“I think it’s going to be the last fight between me and Claudia Gadelha because I have plans to move to the different weight class, to 125, if there will be an option to fight for a title next. We’ll see. I’m focused on this fight. I’m going to make sure I’m going to win this fight.”

“Yes, I want to be the first UFC female fighter who hold two belts in two different weight classes. I want to be the first champion of the 125-pound division. I think we need that division. So many girls from bantamweight can go down, so many girls from strawweight division can go up so the UFC should make the next division a female division.”

Valentina! If she goes down to 125, please go down as well and dispatch Joanna from there immediately, as you did it to her three times before.

Wait... She isn't at 125 now?

“Yes, I want to be the first UFC female fighter who hold two belts in two different weight classes" aaand there she is losing her initial title

Wow, she'll be champ of a division of like 5 fighters. Very impressive.

Huge size difference if Tate and the like step down (eventually)

A lot of girls that were forced to fight at 135 due to the absence of a 125 class, can finally fight at their optimum weight class.

Joanna is gonna get put on her back if she moves up. She might just have no choice though, I know she originally fought at 125, and cuts a fair bit to make 115 in the UFC... cutting weight is never fun... unless you're Jon Jones who cuts to LHW because HW is too easy. hah

She should worry about that other title she is about to lose.

Gadelha got absolutely fucking robbed in the first fight
I hope she wins this one

A lot of girls that were forced to fight at 135 due to the absence of a 125 class, can finally fight at their optimum weight class.

Joanna is gonna get put on her back if she moves up. She might just have no choice though, I know she originally fought at 125, and cuts a fair bit to make 115 in the UFC... cutting weight is never fun... unless you're Jon Jones who cuts to LHW because HW is too easy. hah
Same with about 1/3 of the Strawweight division who are natural Flyweights and cut too much to be there. With the present roster you'd likely be left with 20 Strawweights (out of 30), 15-20 Flyweights and 18-20 Bantamweights (out of 27) after every one relocates.

Gadelha got absolutely fucking robbed in the first fight
I hope she wins this one
You are the stereotypical sherdogger that claims every close fight is a robbery when it doesn't go your way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back