Would Big John dare disqualify Jon for eye pokes?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jon already has one disqualification for his 12-6 but, I wonder if John McCarthy is prepared to just keep taking points away OR, would he dare disqualify the main event and have Dana White turn even more tomato red?

I don't recall ANY fighter being disqualified for eye pokes only because they are all assumed accidental.
Can anyone recall if Big John has disqualified a fighter for eye poking?

I think a warning, would come first..before anything happens...

You mean the same Big John that awarded Bobby Green a TKO by a low shot?

Green had had 2 low shots in that very same round and had already been deducted a point btw.

I hope he warns him during the staredown right before the first round starts lol then Jones would have no excuse but to lose a point for the first flagrant one.

I don't think anyones ever been DQ'd for eyepokes, but would love Jones to be the first if he does it more than once.

Would be even better if he took a point or two away from Jones, and DC ends up winning by split decision.

I hope he warns him during the staredown right before the first round starts lol then Jones would have no excuse but to lose a point for the first flagrant one.
I was wondering if Big John will be removed from the fight in the next few days?, with all this drama Jones and his team have made about it, I wonder if they will just replace him with a different ref and make Big John do that refs fight. seems like a simple solution

No unless it was a very obviously intentional and extreme eye poke.

I wonder if he will actually be willing to take a point away. They always give warnings. Refs should STOP giving warnings and just take points away. it shouldn't matter if the foul is committed by accident or not. I can't think of many sports that excuse athletes for committing fouls because it was committed by accident.

He has a known record for the offense. Has a point ever been taken on Jones? How many confirmed eye poke infractions without a deduction is there?

1 stern warning then a point.

He has history with this.

"Dont come back to my court"

The law and MMA.

Love or hate Jones, it would pretty much prove that he's the wrong guy to ref the fight. The fighters need to be treated equally and each fight should be refereed individually.

Nah wont happen. Jon will probably poke an eye or two as I think he treats fights as real fights rather than competitions, but no DQ. If he does DC should do everything in his power to score a hard nut shot. No one becomes the best fairly and if youre not cheating youre not trying hard enough. That being said fuck the eye poke tactic Jon uses, it really is a bitch made strategy but cest la vie.

It's a bad look for Jones to whine over the referee choice. For some reason it comes off as him being rustled. Hey...he probably wins but this is just one of those things that makes you scratch your head.

He'll probably be extra hard on him now that Jones went on record smack talking him

If Jones is that worried, he could just get through a fight without eye poking.....problem solved....

Last edited:
i would get so hard i would legit cream in front of all my bros, no homo

I don't think anyones ever been DQ'd for eyepokes, but would love Jones to be the first if he does it more than once.
DC Loves being champ so bad, he'll run into those fingers

Yes. If it's bad enough and he's already warned Jones then yeah I can definitely see Big John DQ'ing Bones.

That would be absolutely horrible though.

You mean the same Big John that awarded Bobby Green a TKO by a low shot?

Green had had 2 low shots in that very same round and had already been deducted a point btw.

Kick to the dick for the win.

#WINNING

Back