Parity in the Welterweight division

DOMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Since the departure of GSP, the welterweight division is stacked with a lot of talented guys. The separation from #1 and #12 is smaller than any other division. A lot of interesting fights -
upload_2016-7-1_21-36-23.png

Cowboy is coming for that belt.

170, 185 and 155 are stacked. I'm loving it.

Great time to be a fan.

2016-06-25-17-23-36--1229591948.jpg 2016-06-25-17-23-36--1229591948.jpg
2016-06-25-17-23-36--1229591948.jpg

The most badass thing about WW is that Robbie Lawler is the champion.

Cerone vs Story should be a good fight and a good barometer for Cerone. If he can beat Story, I don't think he can, he will be setting himself up to fight the top guys. I'd like to see him fight Brown.

I dunno I think Wonderboy has separated himself as the clear cut number 1 guy by a pretty safe margin.

I think Wonderboy will soon rule, I don't think guys like Magny, Cerrone, Kim, Brown, MacDonald, Woodley and Maia etcc could become the champ, there is a clear gap in talent between the two.

Wonderboy has looked great lately. Brown beat him once. I think a focused Woodley is a tough out for anyone. Maia is also legit, he is one takedown away from putting anyone in the division to sleep.

I dunno I think Wonderboy has separated himself as the clear cut number 1 guy by a pretty safe margin.

Definitely, but If Maia becomes the first person to ever finish Condit (not counting the Woodley injury thing), that margin won't be as clear.

Cowboy fights them all before Cain fights twice...

Not sure how Cowboy is top 10 already... And I don't care... Just wanna watch his fights!

Don't sleep on Woodley. If this guy gets his head straight and a game plan he will be force.

cowboy top 10 is laughable. gifted spots due to popularity. He'll probably move to #5 if he beats #13...

Cerone vs Story should be a good fight and a good barometer for Cerone. If he can beat Story, I don't think he can, he will be setting himself up to fight the top guys. I'd like to see him fight Brown.
I'd favor Cowboy over Brown.
He can take him down and grapplefuck him for 3 rounds
Story fight, is a stylistically tougher fight for Cerrone, imho

I will be shocked if Cerone can take down Story. Story is a strong, heavy welterweight and has looked good his last three outings. I think Story takes this.

My fav division in the UFC all match ups in that top 12 are good fights!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back