Polo Reyes vs DHK for FOTY?

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
No one really knows these guys but I can't help but watch that fight every few days. IMO better than Lawler/Condit. Personally, I think this fight should be in top contention for fight of the year.

Lawler/Condit
Bosse/O'Connel
Bisping/Silva
Henderson/Lombard
TJ/Cruz
Reyes/Kim

All these fights are in the running for FOTY so far.

Lawler/Condit
Bosse/O'Connel
Bisping/Silva
Henderson/Lombard
TJ/Cruz
Reyes/Kim

Cruz/TJ fight was a great fight from a technical perspective, but it lacked that certain spark that made fans feel the same way when they watched Reyes/Kim, Lawler/Condit, Bosse/O'Connel...etc.

It was a barn burner for sure. Don't know if FOTY because It's late and my brain is dead to even think about it.

They were too gassed throughout most of the fight for it to be FOTY.

They were too gassed throughout most of the fight for it to be FOTY.

Since when does a fight of the year candidate get based on how gassed the competitors are? It was 100% non stop action with Reyes eventually getting the brutal stoppage.

Since when does a fight of the year candidate get based on how gassed the competitors are? It was 100% non stop action with Reyes eventually getting the brutal stoppage.

How gassed the fighters are means a lot actually. As the fighters gas, technique and power diminish and the fight gets sloppy, as was the case in this fight. It was still very entertaining though.

Cruz/TJ fight was a great fight from a technical perspective, but it lacked that certain spark that made fans feel the same way when they watched Reyes/Kim, Lawler/Condit, Bosse/O'Connel...etc.
I know I'm in the minority, but goddamn, if I don't get chills every time I watch the opening round, when they come out in their signature stances....

Lawler/Condit
Bosse/O'Connel
Bisping/Silva
Henderson/Lombard
TJ/Cruz
Reyes/Kim

Definitely. Not all of them were stand and bangers, others were special because of the style clashes and technical displays.

With Lauzon vs Sanchez coming up I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes part of the mix.

Back