Jones is Aging Fast, Says Cormier, 37

Has Jones' lifestyle aged him yet, or weakened his octagon performances?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"All the partying, all the other stuff, you have to pay for that, and now we're seeing where, it's starting to take a toll. It's time for all the outlandish living and burning the candle at two ends, and now we're getting to the middle where it starts to burn out. So that's who he is today. He's not the guy from before. He may be 28 years old, but in reality, he's lived on this earth much longer with the long nights and all the other stuff he's done."

Cormier, for his part, is 37 years old, but according to the current holder of the UFC light heavyweight title belt, Jones is the one entering middle age.

"I've been here longer, in age I'm 37, but I haven't burnt it at both ends and become a middle-aged man at 28 years old," Cormier said. "That's you today. You're that slow guy that was in the Octagon on April 23d that looked like garbage."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/1...estyle-made-jon-jones-a-middle-aged-man-at-28

No, that's just wishful thinking on DC's part. He needs to believe he has some kind of advantage but he doesn't.

I disagree, and think jones performance wasn't bad and likely due to the change in opponent. Jones has always made a big deal about studying his upcoming opponent thoroughly. Whatever DC needs to tell himself though. Just hoping for a good fight.

Chuck partied his ass off and the wheels didn't fall off until he was 37.

I finally have an excuse to use this gif thanks DC
giphy.gif

Just DC running off at the mouth .

Well find out soon enough either way and my money is Jones putting a whuppin on DC again

Why can't DC actually show OSP respect and not talk about him like he is a pushover/ scrub. Jones fought a game opponent and won 50-45.

cormier does some huge mental gymnastics, i think he needs to do this so subconsciously he is more confident in the fight.

He's still in the early stages on his prime like it or not. Just because he started fighting at a younger age than everyone else, doesn't mean he'll be done sooner than anyone else.

Maybe but DC will be paying for all that popeye's and paperbelt in 8 days.

Well hes definitely been on the decline in performance since 2011. Probably because opposition got stronger but he also definitely fights more conservative now.

Says the "fatty" who almost died cutting weight.

Coke will do that to you.

I recommend Pepsi.

Disagree! one can party & train hard as long as they not doing it 24/7 I'm 30+ years of living proof never been into the Booga Suga, but love my green. I'm a lot older than Jon and still train hard and can outwork a majority of my younger gym mates. It depends on the individuals work ethic, what you party with, and how you live your life regularly.
DC is just hoping that Jon is weather & drug beaten for their fight.

ugh...stop reading into everything every fighter has to say.

it seems rather clear that DC is grasping at whatever straws he can in the lead up to this fight.

partying Jones decisively beat him...so now DC needs to come up with something to rationalize in his head how he will deal with non-partying Jones. Oh...the partying "aged" him? That is weak as f**k, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to see Jones get KTFO or subbed...I just *highly* doubt DC is the man to make it happen, as much as I like him as a fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back