Rules- can you slam someones head into the cage ?

KOskater

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was just watching a Crazy Horse HL. And he picks up a guys, spins him around and throws him into the cage, knocking him out. Think this was the only time I saw a guy using the cage to hurt someone.

So, in UFC, can you would you be allowed to
  • Throw someone, head first into the cage. Lets say their on the ground in guard and you grab their ankles and swing them around and into the cage.
  • Grap someone by the back of head lets say with both hands and repeatedly slam their head into the cage or canvas ?

In.
This has potential

The trick would be finding a professional fighter who would allow you to grab them by the feet and swing them like a helicopter.

Very good question. I know you can't "spike" a dude on his head (on the floor), so DDT's are right out the window.
In addition to that, what about this move:
ufYUN.gif

2affscm.jpg

well, his head hit the floor. But I don't think it's against the rules to slam their head into the cage

There is no rule that actively prohibits you from trying to use the fence to hurt someone as far as I know. Most of the rules apply to defense, i.e. cage grabbing to defend takedowns (or just reverse someone into mount if you're Conor McGregor), not offense. As it is, it's pretty hard to straight up throw someone into the fence head-first, but maybe if you tackled them against it they might hit their head on it. I find it hard to believe that that would be construed as a foul at least under the current rules, but maybe I'm wrong.

Or better yet, somebody should grab the arm of their opponent and use it to knock them out with their own fist

Into the cage? They are already in the cage

2affscm.jpg

well, his head hit the floor. But I don't think it's against the rules to slam their head into the cage
Good find. Is that Tim Boetsch? Sure don't remember this "move". TS- not sure, but we'll know before the sun sets tonight.

yep it's legal. what I wonder is if you can push the guys face into the fence and slide it down while applying pressure. that definitely should be illegal lol.

Didn't tank get Steve Jennum to submit just by shoving his head into the cage fence?

EDIT: Found it.

images

The trick would be finding a professional fighter who would allow you to grab them by the feet and swing them like a helicopter.

CM Punk is fighting soon. Thus is our best shot at this

Good find. Is that Tim Boetsch? Sure don't remember this "move". TS- not sure, but we'll know before the sun sets tonight.
WHHHAT? It's the Boetsch-Toss

I wonder if it's legal to throw a fighter over the edge of the cage. Preferably on top of Rogan and Goldie..preferably lethally. Would watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back