Sherdog's Top 10 MMA Rivalries

chunglii

No Me Duele
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Sherdogs-Top-10-MMA-Rivalries-107171

The latest installment in the Sherdog Top 10 series examines the best animosity-filled rivalries in mixed martial arts history.

10. Dominick Cruz vs Urijah Faber
9. Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo
8. Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz
7. Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock
6. Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate
5. Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier
4. Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen
3. Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage Jackson
2. Luta Livre vs Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
1. Kazushi Sakuraba vs The Gracies

Honorable Mentions

Chute Boxe vs Brazilian Top Team; Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir; Dana White vs Tito Ortiz; Diaz Brothers vs the World

Agree? Disagree?

If conor would show his face infront of nate we would have a new #1.

But unfortunately he knows he will get buried by nate and the media if he did it.

So i agree with the list lol

Would put Jones / DC higher on the list.

p02WRZC.gif

Dudes just legit hate each other, and can barely remain in the same room together.

If conor would show his face infront of nate we would have a new #1.

But unfortunately he knows he will get buried by nate and the media if he did it.

So i agree with the list lol
The presser is 6 days away I believe buddeh.

How is Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate a better rivalry than Faber vs. Cruz? Faber vs. Cruz had a competitive trilogy and they were back and forth shit talkers, Rousey and Tates "rivalry" consisted of Rousey bullying Tate and Tate just passively laughing it off, not to mention they had 2 fights and neither were competitive whatsoever, they're about as much of a rivalry as a boot to an ant.

Ken vs Royce
Dana vs media
Pride vs UFC
Tito vs Lions Den

No BJ vs GSP no likey. That was probably the most split sherdog has ever been for like a solid year.

was 'animosity' used in the article? just wondering.
hayato-aoki and werdum-overeem would be my h. mentions.

10. KOS-GSP
9. Brock-MIR
8. Dominick Cruz vs Urijah Faber
7. Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo
6. Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz
5. Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock
4. Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier
3. Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen
2. Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage Jackson
1. Kazushi Sakuraba vs The Gracies

Kens best riviary wasn't with Royce or TIto it was with Don Frye.

Those are all good. Brazil vs Brazil are the most heated because of their passion. Low tolerance for any form of crossing the line (and that's a thin line there), so things escalate.

Chael vs Anderson was a big one, but Chael was manipulating everyone, having a laugh. So it was more one-sided.

Wanderlei vs Rampage was the biggest man vs man rivalry because both had a violent style, a terrifying presence, top-ranked for all that time and it lasted for 6-8 years (they're supposedly cool now).

Wanderlei & Saku had a respectful, even friendly relationship. Saku went to train with Chute Boxe, as well. So to me that's an odd #1 choice.

Team vs team, BTT vs Chute Boxe hands down because of the things already said above. But boy SBG vs CGJJ would be INSANE. Scrap Pack and Conor are so different, as is Gunnar. They'd all end up fighting each other since all of their weights are relatively close. And there would be outside the cage brawling. Trash talk for years.

Tate-Rousey should not be on that list.

Where's Bisping vs Salthold buddeh?! List is also missing Gomi vs Chute Boxe

Back