BJJ expert Demian Maia talks about his title shot situation

iLikeBirds

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"Everybody knows that my wish is to fight for the belt, i know i deserve it, but i also know that "Wonderboy" deserves more at the moment. I'm a fighter, and that's what i love to do, and my biggest proud is to represent the martial art and search for my goals in the way that i can feel proud of myself. So, lets go to the fight once again, trying to do my best in another big challenge.''

FACEBOOK.COM/DEMIANMAIA

WJ8H3sbPwQI.jpg

Very classy. Hopefully he gets another shot soon.

"Everybody knows that my wish is to fight for the belt, i know i deserve it, but i also know that "Wonderboy" deserves more at the moment. I'm a fighter, and that's what i love to do, and my biggest proud is to represent the martial art and search for my goals in the way that i can feel proud of myself. So, lets go to the fight once again, trying to do my best in another big challenge.''

FACEBOOK.COM/DEMIANMAIA

WJ8H3sbPwQI.jpg

Uh Oh. Don;t let EricalovesUFC see this thread

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/it-makes-you-cringe-when-who-is-called-a-legend.3277507/

I love Maia, no romo, but we're starting to throw that word "legend" around a bit too much lately.

Pretty cool he recognizes Wonderboy as the most deserving at the moment.

I can see Maia winning Gold before he retires. He gets anyone in the division on the ground, they are toast.

As much as I like Maia, I can't comfortably call him a legend.

I love Maia, no romo, but we're starting to throw that word "legend" around a bit too much lately.

Guy is arguably the single greatest BJJer to ever compete in MMA. If he's not a legend, i don't know who is.

Guy is arguably the single greatest BJJer to ever compete in MMA. If he's not a legend, i don't know who is.
We could probably all give you some names, none of which would be Maia

With as many poster's with
bleeding butts for Condit as
uncrowned champ... Maia at
least has a chance of being
sherdog WW champion.

Maia is incredible awesome on the mat. A pleasure to watch.
But he is no Renato Laranja.

By putting "legend" in the title, thread starter managed to provoke "negative" comments towards Maia who just gave an incredibly classy statement.
Not a lot of fighters would say that somebody else deserves it more even if it was obvious.
Very impressive especially after hearing him talk with Ariel about how much he wants it and how he believes in it

All class Demian is normal. War Maia!

Damian is just so fucking down to earth. How anyone can not like this dude is beyond me.

Last edited:
Fuck the title, Maia is a great bjj practitioner and an all around cool guy.

Demian is a BJJ legend, but he isn't a MMA legend.

Quite classy and humble...

But...
Legend?!?
Too much too soon???

By putting "legend" in the title, thread starter managed to provoke "negative" comments towards Maia who just gave an incredibly classy statement.
Not a lot of fighters would say that somebody else deserves it more even if it was obvious.
Very impressive especially after hearing him talk with Ariel about how much he wants it and how he believes in it

Excellent comment. I think this is why a lot of fans “hate” certain fighters. Not because of the fighter themselves, but because of their delusional fans. Maia is a fantastic fighter and seems like a genuinely good guy. I wish more fighters were like him.

He just isn’t a legend.

Back