UFC Tried To Book Nick Diaz X Gunnar Nelson for UFC 202

Soul On Ice

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

What could have been.

Maybe this is the return fight for Nick anyway and will be on another card, how do the Sherbros see it going?

Nick would kill him.

Good it was scrapped. Fight is not big enough for Nick anyways.

I don't think I could handle two Diaz brothers fighting on the same card. Can you imagine the pre and post fight conferences? Fuuuuuuuck. Conference of the ages.

At least with Avila on the card we'll have two members of the 209 crew fighting together.

Stupid fight. Nick needs a much bigger name. Glad Nick didn't take it

There are way better fights for Nick. Joe Silva failing us again

as strange as this might've sounded five years ago, i would pick gunni over diaz in 2016 [for a three round fight].

I think it'd be a good warm-up for Nick. I really rate Nelson but I think Nick would be too much for him.

No way Nick takes that, it seems Nick is only interested in getting whooped in fights when he can get good money.

I'd love to see that fight! Nate haz said that he doesn't like fighting on the same card az his brother or team-mates though... so Nick might hold it up.

40:30 I don’t like to fight on the same card as my training partners, especially my brother. I think fighting is selfish, you shouldn’t be thinking about anyone but yourself for the training leading up to that fight. It should be all about you. Fight night should be all about you & what you’re going to do & you should have to worry about anybody else… otherwise you’re gonna be focused on what you gotta be focused on & I don’t want any of that shit going on in my head.

55:25 I know Nick better than most people & I still don’t know what the f*ck he’s going to do.

Last edited:
Nick would kill him.

Good it was scrapped. Fight is not big enough for Nick anyways.
I'm not so sure about that. Nick hasn't won since 2011 & he's only got like 3 top ten wins in his whole career. Plus it would've been a 3 round fight. I think it's a pick em fight.

LMAO, Nick hasn't won a fight in 4 years yet there are "much better fights for Nick". Nick Ducked because he wants an easy fight so he can call for a rematch with Lawler, Gunnar would beat him.

For the people who say ''Nick would be too much for him''

I dont know at this point, Gunnar really improved his striking since the Story's fight. He dropped Thatch and went toe to toe standing with fucking Tumenov. Also, his TDs are certainlely good enough to work on a fucking Diaz. And what could Nick do from his back if Gunnar is the man on top position? At best their great grappling would nullify each others and Gunnar would win on position. I actually think 2016 Gunni is a bad matchup for Nick. I was one to say Gunnar was overhyped a while ago but he convinced me he was top 10.

Nick needs to swallow his pride and take a tune-up fight. As much as I like the guy, he hasn't earned himself a superfight or a big name fight.

We all know a guy who's last win was 5 years ago (and BJ Penn @ WW) deserves a "big" fight.

Gunner isnt big enough name for Nick. Nick only fighting big names with high profiles

Stupid fight. Nick needs a much bigger name. Glad Nick didn't take it
Why? He's on a 3 fight losing streak. OK 0-2-1 in his last 3. Like Gus he needs a winnable fight before throwing him back to the wolves. This would have been it.

Back