Record Number Of Angry Sherdoggers If Lesnar Defeats Hunt

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been a member of Sherdog for almost 11 years and in all that time I've never seen The UFC book a fight which will potentially result in as many angry Sherdog members as the Lesnar vs. Hunt fight for UFC 200. There are a few reasons why this is true.

Lesnar is an extremely polarizing figure. People seem to either love him or hate him with very few people in between. On Sherdog, which is comprised of a lot of self-described "MMA purists" or "hardcore fans" which are the opposite of "casual fans", Lesnar has far more detractors than fans. These wannabe super serious "purists" absolutely cannot stand the fact that Lesnar, who initially made his name as an NCAA Wrestling Champion, and then rose to far greater levels of fane as the youngest ever WWE World Champion (at the time), then went on to become the biggest draw The UFC had ever had from around 2008-2010. He set PPV records still unbroken to this day. To make matters worse, he won his UFC Heavyweight Title from the most decorated UFC fighter in history, and one of the best liked fighters in UFC history - Randy Couture.

The purists and hardcore UFC fans could not stand that what they considered an MMA dilettante could just take up MMA, as if on a whim, train for a couple years, and then enter The UFC to go on to have the level of success he had. They were embarrassed that man best known for pro wrestling could not only win The UFC Heavyweight Title but then go on to tie the record for most successful consecutive title defenses for a UFC Heavyweight Champion, a record which still stands today.

These Sherdog posters were glad to see Lesnar retire but now he's done something that has caused a level of anger which makes their former gripes about Lesnar seem mild in comparison. Lesnar, who has been retired for five years from MMA and has been doing pro wrestling during that time, is now returning as the co-main event in the biggest, most prestigious card in UFC history! Not only is he being given a co-maon event slot, but he will make more money than any of the full time UFC fighters on the UFC 200 PPV.

Brock Lesnar simply had to say he wanted to fight at UFC 200 and UFC management bent over backwards to accommodate him. Since he wasn't employed by The UFC 4 months prior to the UFC 200 fight, UFC management got Lesnar an exemption from the usual testing policies which require a fighter to be tested during the four months leading up tp a fight. Obviously they couldn't test a man who wasn't working for The UFC until he signed a contract making him, once again, a UFC fighter, and even though Brock Lesnar has been tested 5 times since signing the contract for UFC 200, these "purists" are irate because by not being a UFC fighter 4 months or even 3 months prior to the fight, naturally he didn't get drug tested at those times either! These "purists" can be awfully unreasonable.

Perhaps most frightening of all for these "hardcore UFC fans" and "MMA purists" is the following scenario: Suppose upon Brock's return he not only eats Hunt but does so in such an impressive fashion that it lends serious credence to Brock's claims that in his last couple UFC fights, he wasn't beaten by his opponents; he was beaten by diverticulitis. What if the now diverticulitis free Brock Lesnar shows himself to be better than any of us ever imagined? What if a man whose main job which is described by his boss as "a male soap opera" turns out to be not only the UFC's biggest draw of all time, but their most dominant Heavyweight fighter of all time? That would be one bitter pill for the purists and the UFC hardcores to swallow!

I didn't read all that, but I'd be mad that Hunt lost not that Brock won. If he had dominated say Struve I wouldn't give two shits.

I was very against Brock in the UFC during his first run with that whole "mma purist" WWE hater thing, but I'm over it now. He's a physical specimen and if he ends up being great again thats only good for the sport.

too many 'what ifs'. Brock is great but he can't take a punch dude

Nah bro, if Punk beats Gall, or if Ronda comes back and beats anyone.

I don't mind if he beats Hunt because it keeps the dream alive for Fedor vs Lesnar.

tldr

But I think it would be a shit-ton cooler if all the WWE fans got angry and left instead

again

tldr

But I think it would be a shit-ton cooler if all the WWE fans got angry and left instead

again

How the fuck did you get that many likes?! I thought I had a lot with 4k

if Lesnar shows greatness in the octagon, I believe the 'mma purists' are gonna have to just deal with the fact that he is great. as it is now, I don't think he goes very far. Fighters like Cain and JDS would pick any version of Brock Lesnar apart.

I honestly think Brock has a better chance than hes being given, he doesn't take getting hit well but it's not like hunt has world class tdd, rothwell took him down repeatedly
But Im rooting for a hunt uppercut as Brock shoots

How the fuck did you get that many likes?! I thought I had a lot with 4k

@KONE is cooler than a motherfucker that's why.

He hooked us up with Nudevista. Now I lost my job, wife and the willingness to go outside. Thanks KONE.

It would be fuckin glorious.

Also,didnt read,lol

I like how you threw in him being the youngest WWE champion as some incredible feat. That has more to do with WWE script writers and Vince McMahons massive hard on for overly big men than any competitive talent.

Wwe says you going to be a champion, you gonna be one.

If say Ronda completely humiliating Holm in a rematch would make Sherdog WAY angrier.

It would be absolutely hilarious, I hope he does

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back